Turn on thread page Beta

So I've been friends with him since 2006 (I'm a male).

I remember he used to persuade me on the phone to chill out with him in the town centre every Saturday's from 2008-2010.

We went to Manchester by train and he goofed around which almost made me miss my train back to Birmingham.

He lives in Birmingham and I was afraid of what to do because all the trains were closed now and he got angry saying go there. At my most vulnerable he got angry when I needed help.

Also in April last year, he came 4 times in 2 weeks uninvited to my house (which is 90 mins bus ride away from he lives) and he lied so many times saying "that's not the bus number to go back to Birmingham" when in fact it was.

He came uninvited to my house last week and again yesterday.

But yesterday he started manipulating me, I came outside and said I've got to somewhere which he just looked at his phone not respecting what I had to do.

So then I kindly let him in my car to pay the council tax bill at the town centre and I said I'm dropped you off right here and he said "nah I'll come back with you and catch the bus there".

At this point and I had to give an excuse and say "I'm going to my cousins" so I'll drop you off to the nearest bus stop.

I then said when I got back home it was an excuse and I'm busy for which after he kept saying "chill out with me".

I had to tell him 10 times by text I can't come out because I'm busy which he kept saying "just come chill out".

Today I text him something about a sensitive mater and all he could say was "you're random, lol".

So this text suggests he doesn't really care and he's manipulating me?

Bump

Bump, I've text him just now saying "how are you", he has read it, he was online but ignored it.

I think I should stop being friends? He is being manipulative now ignoring me and not giving proper responses.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 2, 2017
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.