Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    How did you find that? I thought it was quite hard.

ReputationRep:
    I thought the timing for section 1 was really tough..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thelogicalvegan)
    I thought the timing for section 1 was really tough..
    Me too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Franki108)
    Me too. I could do the questions but the lack of time meant that I had to guess loads. I found section 2 horrible and am certainly not expecting an interview after how awfully that assessment went.
    Same here. Couldn't remember any of the equations you needed for physics.

ReputationRep:
    edit: can't talk about questions

ReputationRep:
    Are we allowed to discuss this yet? I think some tests are still going on in other timezones

Edit: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=4934792

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    In section 2 I kept redoing questions and they also started my section time before they even took my section 1 so in the end I had really little time.
    I did like 90% of the first question and 20% of the second.
    • Section Leader
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kaedra)
    Are we allowed to discuss this yet? I think some tests are still going on in other timezones

Edit: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=4934792
    Correct: NO DISCUSSION PLEASE.

And it's not just timezones, the rule apples for as long as your college stated which is likely to be at least until the end of the admissions cycle and could be 3 years...

ReputationRep:
    What do you think a solid score will be?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pierre123)
    What do you think a solid score will be?
    Well for last year's NSAA, in a section 1 you needed 18/18 for 9.0, and 15/18 for a 9.0 in the other sections (apart from advanced physics & maths which was 14/18 for 9.0).

That said, you DO NOT need a score anywhere near that for an offer. Just thought I'd state it to give some perspective. A good score for section 1 is well pretty much anything above/equal to 4.0, so around 11+ marks would be a great score).

Also these marks will change from year to year.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RedGiant)
    Well for last year's NSAA, in a section 1 you needed 18/18 for 9.0, and 15/18 for a 9.0 in the other sections (apart from advanced physics & maths which was 14/18 for 9.0).

That said, you DO NOT need a score anywhere near that for an offer. Just thought I'd state it to give some perspective. A good score for section 1 is well pretty much anything above/equal to 4.0, so around 11+ marks would be a great score).

Also these marks will change from year to year.
    I was trying to find these boundaries. Where did you get them from?

ReputationRep:
    I massively ran out of time for both sections, especially section 2. This happened both times that I did both the specimen and past paper.

I just hope I got enough marks to have an interview.

Did anyone else notice that Section 2 was out of 40 marks, rather than out of 50 marks like both the specimen and past paper?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Doc Dave)
    I massively ran out of time for both sections, especially section 2. This happened both times that I did both the specimen and past paper.

I just hope I got enough marks to have an interview.

Did anyone else notice that Section 2 was out of 40 marks, rather than out of 50 marks like both the specimen and past paper?
    Roughly how much of the questions did you get through in section 2? (percentage wise?)
    Also what does the rest of your application look like? i can tell you if you are likely to get an interview or not with your response

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Student1256)
    Roughly how much of the questions did you get through in section 2? (percentage wise?)
    Also what does the rest of your application look like? i can tell you if you are likely to get an interview or not with your response
    Maybe you could do that for me as well? I'm confident I got at least 50% in section 1, but maybe around 20-30% in section 2.

As for the rest of my application, I dare say that my statement is a decent one. It's a bit difficult to estimate how well my grades are because my grading system is quite different from the English one, but one could say I got at least an A for all my subjects.

Anyway, I'm really scared that I messed up the nsaa.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dutchstudent123)
    Maybe you could do that for me as well? I'm confident I got at least 50% in section 1, but maybe around 20-30% in section 2.

As for the rest of my application, I dare say that my statement is a decent one. It's a bit difficult to estimate how well my grades are because my grading system is quite different from the English one, but one could say I got at least an A for all my subjects.

Anyway, I'm really scared that I messed up the nsaa.
    50% in NSAA is about the median score, which is really good. you're on the 50th percentile and those in around 20th percentile and above get interviews. considering this and your decent rest of the application you are very likely to get an interview.

ReputationRep:
    50% in NSAA is about the median score, which is really good. you're on the 50th percentile and those in around 20th percentile and above get interviews. considering this and your decent rest of the application you are very likely to get an interview.
    Well that's a comforting thought
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    i can tell you if you are likely to get an interview or not with your response
    Uh, no you can't.

There's only a "weak" correlation between NSAA marks and getting an Offer, nevermind an Interview. (And correlation =/= causation anyway.)

At this stage there's little point second guessing the process, except to say Cambridge interview 75-80% of applicants so *anyone* with a reasonable chance of meeting the offer is likely to get an interview.
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dutchstudent123)
    Well that's a comforting thought
    See my reply above to Student1256

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Doonesbury)
    See my reply above to Student1256
    Oh well I'll just hope for the best.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.