Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi
    I have just been on the phone to a student finance advisor to ask them about applying for the childcare grant for my daughters after school club. He advised that I need to send the ccg2 form with the ccg1 form to get my money backdated. After looking at this ccg2 form, I've noticed the period 1, 2 and 3 and the dates. So my question is, am I asking my childcare provider to confirm the costs from period 1 (up til 26th October) and also will I only get paid to cover period 1 or will I also get money to cover period 2 as well (up until 24th January) I'm trying to budget for the rest of the year. Thanks in advance!
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    Hi Aah28,

The Childcare Grant Application Form (CCG1) asks you to provide estimates of your expected weekly childcare costs for the academic year. Students usually fill this in before they have started their course so we can provisionally assess you for your childcare for the whole year so you can get payment for this when your course starts. After each of the three periods during the academic year have ended we will send you out a Childcare Costs Confirmation Form (CCG2) to complete. Your childcare provider needs to fill this in with the actual costs of the childcare they have provided for that childcare period.

For a September 2017 start course Period 1 runs from when your course starts up until the 22 October 2017. Period 2 from 23 October 2017 to 21 January 2018. Period 3 runs from 22 January 2018 to 31 August 2018. Your childcare provider cannot fill in the form until the relevant period has ended and we must receive this within six weeks of the period end date to ensure your payments are not stopped.

Provided we received and processed a valid CCG2 form for Period 1 then we would be able to arrange to pay you your provisional payment for Term 2 based on the estimated costs you would have already provided on your CCG1 form. Your term two and three CCG payment would be made in line with the start dates of each term. You would see these scheduled on your online account along with any Maintenance Loan (ML) payment due.

Currently we are taking 20 working days for processing your Childcare forms from the date of receipt. You will receive a new Notification of Entitlement (NOE) letter to confirm your new award.

Thanks

Laura

University open days

• Southampton Solent University
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Sun, 18 Nov '18
  • University of Bradford
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All Faculties Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.