yacinesen
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
The specification states the formula E=IVt
Its not included in the formula sheet??
Is it a mistake are do we need to memorise it?
Are there other formulas ur expected to just know?
Thanks guys 🙏🏻
Hollster_Hol
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
You need to learn it I think but just think of the channel itv that’s how I remember it aha. I don’t think there’s any others to remember for electricity. But there’s quite a lot of formula you need to remember that haven’t been included on the formula sheet for the other topics but I’m sure you’ll teacher will let you know which ones they are
yacinesen
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
(Original post by Hollster_Hol)
You need to learn it I think but just think of the channel itv that’s how I remember it aha. I don’t think there’s any others to remember for electricity. But there’s quite a lot of formula you need to remember that haven’t been included on the formula sheet for the other topics but I’m sure you’ll teacher will let you know which ones they are
Ok, thanks for the itv tip lol defo remember it now
Luxtra
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
If it helps you to learn it, you can, but there are quite a few formulae like that which you can derive from the ones on the formula sheet.
In you example, Power = IV (on the formula sheet), and so is Energy = Power * time (though it is in the mechanics section). Hence E = IVt
There are a few other examples like Energy in a spring = 1/2FL, but as Hooke's Law is F=kL, E =1/2kL^2 as well.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What are you most likely to do if you don't get the grades you were expecting?

Go through Clearing (60)
40.82%
Take autumn exams (53)
36.05%
Look for a job (3)
2.04%
Consider an apprenticeship (4)
2.72%
Take a year out (19)
12.93%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (8)
5.44%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise