Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    My question is "Has the impact of globalization been exaggerated?"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JoshElyot)
    My question is "Has the impact of globalization been exaggerated?"
    You need to define globalisation for your intro and bring in some evaluation from you're paragraphs such as the impact on economic globalisation has created lower barriers of free trade creating more consumer choice by the cooperation of states through bretton woods system post cold war. However, you could argue that the impact has been exaggerated with states forming economic regional organisations undermining globalisation through protectionist policies.

for your paragraphs - you need to bring in economic globalisation, political globalisation and cultural - better to divide them and give a counterargument on why impact has been exaggerated.

ECONOMIC - Liberal perspective on economic globalisation has increased the trend of policies to remove tariffs and ease trade borders in order to create an interdependence of economies. e.g. financial crisis 2008 showed how USA's fall on subprime mortgages created a domino effect on the global economy with the fall of PIIGS - this is just a brief description but bring in liberal theories and how western liberal principles have also spread

Counter argument - May be that regional organisations formed has created an isolation for nation states to not interact with other states protecting their borders in order for their benefit. e..g NAFTA, ASEAN etc.

POLITICAL - From post cold war, political globalisation has impacted state sovereignty, on the basis that with formation of IGOs and regional bodies has created sovereignty to be pooled. Especially through EU and their diplomatic structure in ECJ to implement policies above nation state authority. e.g. Arrest Warrant etc

Counter argument could be from realist view that globalisation politically has been exaggerated in the form that nation states still are the main global actors. With vetos in UN of P5 members and UK leaving EU has made nation states have the authority above international organisations.

CULTURAL - Cultural globalisation is where national identities have been diffused together with more similarities than differences. You could say that cultural globalisation has not been exaggerated through the use of technological communication and economic integration from western civilisation has made the world have similar materialistic needs. For example, the five most recognised brands in the world are american.

You can add another paragraph if you know more information from either political, cultural or economic globalisation - you could also talk about the collective security dilemma where political globalisation hasn't been exaggerated on the basis of human rights, poverty etc.

Conclusion should state realism and liberalism views and YOUR view

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pliticshub)
    You need to define globalisation for your intro and bring in some evaluation from you're paragraphs such as the impact on economic globalisation has created lower barriers of free trade creating more consumer choice by the cooperation of states through bretton woods system post cold war. However, you could argue that the impact has been exaggerated with states forming economic regional organisations undermining globalisation through protectionist policies.

for your paragraphs - you need to bring in economic globalisation, political globalisation and cultural - better to divide them and give a counterargument on why impact has been exaggerated.

ECONOMIC - Liberal perspective on economic globalisation has increased the trend of policies to remove tariffs and ease trade borders in order to create an interdependence of economies. e.g. financial crisis 2008 showed how USA's fall on subprime mortgages created a domino effect on the global economy with the fall of PIIGS - this is just a brief description but bring in liberal theories and how western liberal principles have also spread

Counter argument - May be that regional organisations formed has created an isolation for nation states to not interact with other states protecting their borders in order for their benefit. e..g NAFTA, ASEAN etc.

POLITICAL - From post cold war, political globalisation has impacted state sovereignty, on the basis that with formation of IGOs and regional bodies has created sovereignty to be pooled. Especially through EU and their diplomatic structure in ECJ to implement policies above nation state authority. e.g. Arrest Warrant etc

Counter argument could be from realist view that globalisation politically has been exaggerated in the form that nation states still are the main global actors. With vetos in UN of P5 members and UK leaving EU has made nation states have the authority above international organisations.

CULTURAL - Cultural globalisation is where national identities have been diffused together with more similarities than differences. You could say that cultural globalisation has not been exaggerated through the use of technological communication and economic integration from western civilisation has made the world have similar materialistic needs. For example, the five most recognised brands in the world are american.

You can add another paragraph if you know more information from either political, cultural or economic globalisation - you could also talk about the collective security dilemma where political globalisation hasn't been exaggerated on the basis of human rights, poverty etc.

Conclusion should state realism and liberalism views and YOUR view
    This looks great- Would you say it is better to counter every point at the end of the paragraph or use another paragraph to counter against the point made?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scpfcib)
    This looks great- Would you say it is better to counter every point at the end of the paragraph or use another paragraph to counter against the point made?
    Use another paragraph for a counter argument

ReputationRep:
    Use another paragraph for a counter argument
    Cheers. By any chance do you have any revision material that you could pm me? There are hardly any online revision resources for these units unfortunately!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scpfcib)
    Cheers. By any chance do you have any revision material that you could pm me? There are hardly any online revision resources for these units unfortunately!
    I usually just look at examiner reports and make a mind map of the questions - I am currently in A2 year myself and there is hardly any criteria on here for UNIT 3D which is so annoying ! I have some notes on my laptop for a few of the topics but they are good. I'll PM them to you later

ReputationRep:
    I usually just look at examiner reports and make a mind map of the questions - I am currently in A2 year myself and there is hardly any criteria on here for UNIT 3D which is so annoying ! I have some notes on my laptop for a few of the topics but they are good. I'll PM them to you later
    I will start to do that aswell and yeah i know it sucks!! Okay thats great, thanks again

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: January 5, 2018
Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.