Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I don't enjoy sex and feel pain Watch

I have had sex many times with my boyfriend and everytime I feel odd and don't enjoy it. When I masturbate I usually feel good and actually have orgasms but never with any dude. Sometimes I feel pain. We have tried other positions but they all just don't give me any satisfaction and when does the discomfort and pain go away? When do I start enjoying sex? It's been over a year.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I have had sex many times with my boyfriend and everytime I feel odd and don't enjoy it. When I masturbate I usually feel good and actually have orgasms but never with any dude. Sometimes I feel pain. We have tried other positions but they all just don't give me any satisfaction and when does the discomfort and pain go away? When do I start enjoying sex? It's been over a year.
    1.It shouldn't be painful unless you're too dry or tensed up. Have you tried using some lube to help you out? If you have, then you might have vaginismus or a mild version of it.

2. Very few women can finish from penetration alone. Have you tried playing with yourself as you're having sex?

3. There are different types of sexual pleasure involved when you're having sex compared to masturbation alone.

All I can suggest is that you try using some lube and going at your pace. Try a position you're most comfortable in and make use of your own hand

It sounds like you might be too nervous which makes it painful and less enjoyable. Make sure you get plenty of foreplay before and try new things to relax yourself.

I feel you! I was exactly the same with my boyfriend for up to eight months, it was only recently I found it kind of pleasurable and it was definitely because I was a lot more relaxed than usual. I'd say it's personally because you're tensed up, even when you don't think you are and want to have sex, it's just unconscious. :-)

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 13, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.