Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Why do so many students take Ritalin & how much better does it make things for them? Im told it increases length of study periods, keeps you engrossed & fixated for deeper learning touching ones genius mind. And therefore kicking butt in study & exams. Is this true?

ReputationRep:
    makes you more focused so you can study for longer and more efficiently.

ReputationRep:
    I've never taken anything to improve my study performance. I don't feel the need to. Most of them aren't proven to be effective and make claims that aren't backed up. If you struggle to concentrate when studying, either you're doing it wrong (just reading is ineffective for most people or you're distracted (put your phone on silent and hide it in a drawer!).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jamesj477)
    makes you more focused so you can study for longer and more efficiently.
    Well, thats exactly what i want to. Ive also become jealous of others. Im quite keen to try it myself but im unsure how i should go about it. Any advice would be much appreciated. Also,.. would you try it?

ReputationRep:
    Never taken anything but I can definitely see the attraction, especially when I'm exhausted and have multiple assignments with no motivation to do them
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Geniusmind)
    Well, thats exactly what i want to. Ive also become jealous of others. Im quite keen to try it myself but im unsure how i should go about it. Any advice would be much appreciated. Also,.. would you try it?
    Already have lol. It did have an effect ngl, but I'm not sure whether that was just placebo. I only tried it that once, don't rlly want to get dependant on in or need it to study or anything like that. I would strongly advise you to stay away from adderall. It has a fairly similar effect in the sense that you become focused, but its easy to become focused on other things instead of work. Also if you do too much it completely ****s your sleeping.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 3, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.