Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys, I just received my offer yesterday! I've been offered a conditional of AAB. I also couldn't find any discussions for this years' applicants, so I thought I would make one.

ReputationRep:
    Hey,

I applied for social sciences with quantitative methods and I'm still waiting for a response ;(

When did you apply ( I applied on 19th Oct) and what were your predicted, AS, and GCSE grades?

& congrats on getting an offer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AhmedMajid)
    Hey,

I applied for social sciences with quantitative methods and I'm still waiting for a response ;(

When did you apply ( I applied on 19th Oct) and what were your predicted, AS, and GCSE grades?

& congrats on getting an offer
    Heyyy, thank you! I hope you get yours soon.
    I applied on the 13th October,
    Got AAABB in AS, predicted 4A*s (only because my headteacher wanted my teachers to change it - I'm not actually a genius lmao), in GCSE I got 2A*s, 4As, 4Bs and a C. Wby?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ElaArslan)
    Heyyy, thank you! I hope you get yours soon.
    I applied on the 13th October,
    Got AAABB in AS, predicted 4A*s (only because my headteacher wanted my teachers to change it - I'm not actually a genius lmao), in GCSE I got 2A*s, 4As, 4Bs and a C. Wby?
    Nice, that's a pretty strong profile, especially that 4A* prediction

I got 1A* 4A 4B 2C for GCSE.
    AS = AABB
    Predicted = A* AA

Do you think I'll meet their entry requirements?

Also, what did you write in your PS?

because my first choice uni is LSE to study economic history, so my PS had lots about economics in the past, rather than me acc focusing on 'social sciences'. But, my PS had a theme of me basically talking about why some countries are richer than others and I had a bit about how this could be due to people in developing countries not internalising the importance/benefit of education. (hopefully, that's a social science issue?)

I guess me getting an offer might be a bit long shot now that I consider how my PS was focused so much on economics, but oh well.

ReputationRep:
    Nice, that's a pretty strong profile, especially that 4A* prediction

I got 1A* 4A 4B 2C for GCSE.
    AS = AABB
    Predicted = A* AA

Do you think I'll meet their entry requirements?

Also, what did you write in your PS?

because my first choice uni is LSE to study economic history, so my PS had lots about economics in the past, rather than me acc focusing on 'social sciences'. But, my PS had a theme of me basically talking about why some countries are richer than others and I had a bit about how this could be due to people in developing countries not internalising the importance/benefit of education. (hopefully, that's a social science issue?)

I guess me getting an offer might be a bit long shot now that I consider how my PS was focused so much on economics, but oh well.
    Well my PS was focused just on sociology and I think they probably expect that since they don't do economics or sociology as separate degrees, whereas other unis do such as LSE does (I applied there too!). This means they probably know we apply for degrees that are only different modules within social sciences. So I'm sure your PS is fine, along with your AS grades and predicted grades.

ReputationRep:
    Well my PS was focused just on sociology and I think they probably expect that since they don't do economics or sociology as separate degrees, whereas other unis do such as LSE does (I applied there too!). This means they probably know we apply for degrees that are only different modules within social sciences. So I'm sure your PS is fine, along with your AS grades and predicted grades.
    Awesome, what course did you apply for at the LSE?

ReputationRep:
    Awesome, what course did you apply for at the LSE?
    Sociology

ReputationRep:
    Sociology
    ah, good luck. I've heard UCL is a piece of cake to get into compared to LSE. It's sad how LSE take forever to reply

ReputationRep:
    ah, good luck. I've heard UCL is a piece of cake to get into compared to LSE. It's sad how LSE take forever to reply
    Thanks you too

ReputationRep:
    Hey- is it true that once the portico changes into 'application processed' from 'application received' you will hear back from the uni soon? I applied to Social sciences w/ quantitative methods on 15th Oct and only had an acknowledgment email.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tatsuhando)
    Hey- is it true that once the portico changes into 'application processed' from 'application received' you will hear back from the uni soon? I applied to Social sciences w/ quantitative methods on 15th Oct and only had an acknowledgment email.
    I'm not so sure about this, I hardly checked the portico whilst waiting tbh. I'm sure it just means you're in the next stage of being processed in for a decision. So it would make sense that you expect for a reply sooner than prior, as you are probably now in the next stage.

ReputationRep:
    Heyyy guys
    Got my offer for Social sciences on 2nd November
    Wish everyone best of luck xxx
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.