Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Have you ever been bullied / been a bully? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Popsiclez)
    Out of curiosity why did they? I didn't think you would be someone who got bullied..
    Just chavs being chavs, really.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Was bullied because of my symptoms as autist. And because of my otherness as such. It was a hardship to cope with this bullies and it was hard to be myself and courageous, but at the end I kept my personality and have overcome those. But sometimes the memories still hurt.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 1secondsofvamps)
    Anti-bullying week doesn't do anything. Sure it raises awareness that bullying happens but it doesn't actually stop people from bullying others.
    Mostly agree, but it might encourage lads getting grief to say something and not keep it to themselves, which I think happens a lot.

(Original post by It's****ingWOODY)
    Nah. People gave me s*** and I got into fights, but I wasn't bullied because I didn't let the people who started on me get away with it without me fighting back.
    (Original post by Popsiclez)
    Out of curiosity why did they? I didn't think you would be someone who got bullied..
    What he described is something I think most boys go through at some point - people wanting to fight you for no reason whatsoever.

ReputationRep:
    I was a bully at one point and have been bullied in my life. I am still in high school (yr 11) so there's still a way to go before everyone's matured but hey, I can only keep my head up.

I think I have mentioned this before but during Primary school I bullied the person whom is now my best friend and has been for years. Mainly because he's fat, but there was this sort of racial divide between pakistaanis and bengalis, a lot of fights happened and without delving too deep, many happened outside of school after headmasters got involved. We made up after I realised what i was doing and I have developed so much respect for him, because I realise he's so much better than me in every aspect. I got bullied a bit during high school because in year 7, the most popular kid was picking on me for being Bengali (often associated with fish) and a lot of the now losers joined in to get some recognition. We had a fight, after I won most people stopped bullying me. He tried to get his older brother on me, but my mates backed me up and it ended i year 8 really. From all this I guess I have learned is that Children are cruel and this cruelty increases when a lot more people join in.

Honestly, bullying is a topic that needs to be addressed. Bullying happens in my year still, and I feel like we need some sort of harsher sentences or something instead of the headmaster giving out detentions because teachers need to know detentions are seen as cool. It only fuels the boys ego's, which are already the size of mountains. When bullying results into suicide, which it has done, I feel like it should be seen as some sort of murder, because I know some of these boys mean what they say, and the boys probably couldn't care less from the lack of empathy I see nowadays. Its mad, it only leads to boy getting into more crime, like in London where boys younger than 16 are joining in on knife crime. I hope everyone good luck int he future, and f*** bullys.

ReputationRep:
    No, but I was with a group of friends that did bully people. I regret staying quiet now, I knew it was wrong but didn't do anything about it.

ReputationRep:
    Yup, was bullied throughout primary and secondary school. Thankfully got a break from it in six form 😂 messed me up quite a bit and have bad anxiety (that I believe stems from it). Did inspire me to do an anti bullying campaign for my citizenship coursework though so I suppose it wasn’t all bad!
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    I have probably been both, depending on how you define it.

ReputationRep:
    I got bullied for a bit n school, stopped as soon as it started after my Dad said I wouldn't get into trouble for laying them out. I did a bit, but what can the school do when your Mam and Dad pat you on the back and say 'so what' to the school?

I have never tried to be a bully but I guess I have been arsey enough with some people that it could be - at a stretch - defined as it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kevin Hodge)
    :hugs:

I try and forget about it too. Just gotta move on from it.
    Thanks bro

Yeah I agree.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by discobish)
    This year, Anti-Bullying week is the 13-17 November, and the official theme is 'All Equal. All Different.'

For a lot of young people, there's a huge amount of pressure to fit in, rather than stand out. Unfortunately, a lot of bullying with young people usually comes back to that core idea - because you're different. As adults we know our uniqueness is beautiful, but it's hard to understand that when you're in the thick of 'growing up'.

This sentiment is also echoed in an article on Times Higher Ed, reporting that students avoid ‘different’ classmates for group discussions. According to the report, by the University of Washington, students will almost always choose to work with classmates of the same sex and ethnicity when they are asked to pair up.

So for Anti-Bullying Week, TSR will be running a campaign which looks at this pressure young people face, and try to empower them to embrace the ‘real them’.

Have you felt pressure to ‘fit in’ to avoid bullying?

Have you ever been bullied? Or maybe you were a bully yourself?

Do you find yourself more drawn to those who are similar to you, or does difference not bother you?

If you’d like to get involved in this campaign and share your experience of bullying to raise awareness, you can inbox me with your story. (will be kept anonymous!)

Alternatively, take part in our short anonymous survey and you could win an Amazon voucher. 😊
    To be honest...it's tribal. It's human. It's warfare. Things such as "Anti-Bullying Campaigns" are just another way of fighting. Shame and guilt-tripping being the weapons.

STRONG > weak
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Sending love out to all those sharing experiences in this thread.:heart:

For anyone interested my story is here:
    https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/life/04mr17s-story

ReputationRep:
    Hi I have been hurt by some people who believed that they were just having a banter with me but some things are not just a joke they can make people insecure.
    (Original post by discobish)
    This year, Anti-Bullying week is the 13-17 November, and the official theme is 'All Equal. All Different.'

For a lot of young people, there's a huge amount of pressure to fit in, rather than stand out. Unfortunately, a lot of bullying with young people usually comes back to that core idea - because you're different. As adults we know our uniqueness is beautiful, but it's hard to understand that when you're in the thick of 'growing up'.

This sentiment is also echoed in an article on Times Higher Ed, reporting that students avoid ‘different’ classmates for group discussions. According to the report, by the University of Washington, students will almost always choose to work with classmates of the same sex and ethnicity when they are asked to pair up.

So for Anti-Bullying Week, TSR will be running a campaign which looks at this pressure young people face, and try to empower them to embrace the ‘real them’.

Have you felt pressure to ‘fit in’ to avoid bullying?

Have you ever been bullied? Or maybe you were a bully yourself?

Do you find yourself more drawn to those who are similar to you, or does difference not bother you?

If you’d like to get involved in this campaign and share your experience of bullying to raise awareness, you can inbox me with your story. (will be kept anonymous!)

Alternatively, take part in our short anonymous survey and you could win an Amazon voucher. 😊

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.