Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Just need a rant! Aggressive drivers! Watch

Announcements

Guys I need to get this off my chest! This morning I was driving to work on a road approaching a very busy junction it's one lane that later goes in to two but there is a bus lane before so can cause a bit of traffic and ques. There's a side street to the right with most cars pulling out to go towards the junction. There is no keep clear on the road anywhere near this side street. I let one driver go and as they manouvered I started to move up when another driver came speeding towards me in his car and then realising I had moved up beeped his horn at me and shouted a load of abuse 😤 There were a good ten other cars waiting and if I'd have let them all go traffic would never move along. In pulling out when he did he managed to block the lane of traffic going in the opposite direction. Am I being unreasonable in thinking that is not my fault at all? I've only been driving 10 months and up until until now have had no problems with other drivers what so ever. 🙁

ReputationRep:
    Not your fault at all. Normally you should let one car through but if you let any more through then they all go! It's your priority not theirs. Some drivers are just annoying. I paused at a roundabout once and got honked by the car behind. I only missed one gap in the traffic. Basically, I didn't think I was in gear and made a quick desicion that it would be safer to stop and doble check that I was in gear than stall on the roundabout in front of another car. I guess they wouldn't have known that but still!

ReputationRep:
    Have you tried driving in greater London? Have fun with those uber and taxi drivers. Don't be a special snowflake and don't let these things bother you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NX172)
    Have you tried driving in greater London? Have fun with those uber and taxi drivers. Don't be a special snowflake and don't let these things bother you.
    There's a special place in hell reserved for London drivers. The level of driving skill/awareness/lane discipline I see on the M25 in particular is astonishingly bad.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.