Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Feminist Programming language Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dez)
    That'll be the bit of the thread you just made up then? :erm: Nobody was discussing discrimination until you posted about it.
    Are you daft?

The whole thread was relying on the preconceived notion that feminism is about perceptions of gender equality and political activism and had nothing to do with the innate differences between brains based on exposure to sex hormones.

ReputationRep:
    Jesus. A 'feminist programming language'

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GonvilleBromhead)
    Not necessarily. Making fun of anything or anyone is fine but it is respectful to temper those jokes and opinions to individuals though this should not be enforced by law. For example someone told me this joke the other day 'New car being launched in Portugal, sold as having space in the boot for a small child, called the Renault McCann'. That's something people should have a right to say, but would I say it to someone whose child has just gone missing? No. Not because I should be legally prevented but because I should use my common sense.

It's perfectly acceptable to mock an individual generally, if someone walks into something or says something stupid they often end up being the target of banter for a while, but people should use their common sense. Satire as a whole should never be restricted by law based on feelings.
    Have you ever played Cards against Humanity?

(Original post by JamesN88)
      That game should be banned. Its only purpose is to offend people.

ReputationRep:
      Yes, why?

ReputationRep:
      Yes, why?
      Ha ha, I was going to recommend it if not. That Mccann joke reminded me of it.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by FriendlyPenguin)
      That's what's so good about it.

ReputationRep:
      Ha ha, I was going to recommend it if not. That Mccann joke reminded me of it.
      It's quality - I was preempting a 'see, thats why you support terrible views' non sequitur line of argument

ReputationRep:
      It's quality - I was preempting a 'see, thats why you support terrible views' non sequitur line of argument
      I've almost managed to offend myself with some of twisted things I've played in that. :laugh:

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by FriendlyPenguin)
      But usually you play it with friends who know what it is about. Totally different to saying random offensive **** in public.

(Original post by yudothis)
        But usually you play it with friends who know what it is about. Totally different to saying random offensive **** in public.
        Or saying very offensive **** on national television?

ReputationRep:
        Code:
        cd..
        cd code
        cd
        ls
        cd...
        cd code..
        ls

ReputationRep:
        What makes the language feminist? Does it shout "RAPE" instead of "syntax error" ?

ReputationRep:
        Code:
        else if (a>b && b<a)

else
            return 5 //return 5 cos i'm so random!

ReputationRep:
        C+= ...it seems like a load of old cobols.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
      Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
      Useful resources
    • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
      Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.