Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    ill be honest i think it was my best MAT paper ever, having said that my second best MAT paper ever i got 34 on and i dont think i did a whole lot better on this one. your welcome guys im dragging down the average for u all

ReputationRep:
    Did very poor, applied to oxford and imperial and now certain i've got no chance with either. Can't tell if I panicked or if it was actually harder but I probably got about 0 for three of the four long ones lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by idontwantto)
    Did very poor, applied to oxford and imperial and now certain i've got no chance with either. Can't tell if I panicked or if it was actually harder but I probably got about 0 for three of the four long ones lol
    Me too I missed out so many parts of the long questions!!

ReputationRep:
    Is using [mod removed] allowed for longer answer questions???

ReputationRep:
    my life is over

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 123Master321)
    Is using [mod removed] allowed for longer answer questions???
    I couldn't think to do it any other way. [mod removed]. I hope I'll still get credit because I think what I did was correct.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 123Master321)
    Is using <redacted> allowed for longer answer questions???
    Almost certainly (unless the question was asking you to essentially prove very basic results from <redacted>).

I would suggest you edit your post so you don't give away the topic you think it would be useful for people to know, however.

ReputationRep:
    got high 60s and low 70s in 2015 and 2016, but would be suprised if i got more than 50 in this one

ReputationRep:
    My situation is quite similar, only once I got below successful candidate avg, now predicting myself 62-66, have no clue whether it is decent or not, didn't even attempt Q5.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ~K1)
    How did Everyone find the paper?
    Quite difficult compared to the other ones. I have a feeling the average mark this year will be quite low. You?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Titelio)
    My situation is quite similar, only once I got below successful candidate avg, now predicting myself 62-66, have no clue whether it is decent or not, didn't even attempt Q5.
    Do you think i have a chance of getting an interview with only 50

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DFranklin)
    I know it sucks if you do badly on an exam, but trust me, in the overall scheme of things it's pretty small beans. Doing well at whatever university you do get into (which might still be Oxford) is more important than which university you go to.
    thanks!!! to be honest it is just kinda annoying that ive done badly when on some past papers I've been getting RLY high (and then others I've been flopping lol)

(Original post by Titelio)
    Did anybody notice that in Q4 there were 2 questions named as (iii)? Or it was just me?

Having done 2001-2016 papers I'd say this one was the hardest of them all for me.
    YES LOOOL I EVEN WROTE IT DOWN BC I couldn't answer the question :'--(

I'd say it was similar difficulty to 2015, especially multiple choice.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by idontwantto)
    I know this feel bruh

ReputationRep:
    Can't say I was too pleased with the paper, Q4 was a bit of a mess but I was pleasantly surprised by Q5

ReputationRep:
    Does anybody know when we'll hear from Imperial?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nagromicous)
    Does anybody know when we'll hear from Imperial?
    Early spring I think

ReputationRep:
    Don't think the test was too ideal. I only answered 1 part of Q2 and about half of Q5 with very little confidence and made educated guesses on more MC questions than I would've liked. However, I did enjoy the compsci questions so hopefully that helps me out in terms of score.

ReputationRep:
    I thought that the long questions went really well, but I got slaughtered by the multiple choice (incidentally, the only question I revised) so we'll see how that goes

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sdfsdd)
    Do you think i have a chance of getting an interview with only 50
    I believe so, yes. Depends also on your PS I suppose.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone know when are we allowed to discuss the questions? I can't find answers on their website

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.