Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi…

I’ve finished my test a few hours ago. Sections I chose were 1(math), 2(physics), and 5(advanced math&physics)

From the experience of solving the past paper 2016, I thought my math (section 1) was okay and physics and advanced math&physics needed more efforts since I got 15, 7, and 7 respectively for the past paper.

However, today, I screwed up my math…

For the first 25 minutes, I was nervous and psyched out at the test, and only solved 6 questions properly in math.

I tried to change some environments so just I turned to the physics section without finishing the math section.

Luckily, I successfully awakened myself and the physics section was pretty manageable.

so was advanced math&physics. I did much better than I did on the past paper I think.

Then I looked at a clock, I noticed that I only had a few minutes left for my math section

And thus I started to solve&guess (basicially guessing) for about 4 questions in the math section, and for the other 8 questions, I just guessed.

And paper 2 was pretty nice I think

Sorry for whining

So I was stressed and regretted for a couple hours, and I just realized that I need to be more practical and think about my future right now.

Will I be interviewed with decent personal statement & reference, okay IB predicted grades (41) and highschool gpa, and NSAA with bad math, good physics & advanced math-physics?

And since I am quite confident with the interview since im doing some advanced univ level stuff outside school, if I do great in the interview, is it possible to be accepted?

Do interviewers ask about my NSAA during the interview? (eg, why’d you get so low in math)

PLUS: plz don't discuss about questions.

ReputationRep:
    Well it’s good you found section 2 good, I found one question in section 2 good, another one went tits up. Considering they interview around 75% of applicants, you should get an interview. As to whether you will get an offer or not, who knows. That’s a lottery even if you get 100%, people still don’t get offers who ace the NSAA. Also, when do we find out about interviews??
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by Mingsan9)
    Do interviewers ask about my NSAA during the interview? (eg, why’d you get so low in math)
    They might (not like that though - but they may go through one of your question/answers).

An interview is still likely. And the NSAA is just one part of the holistic assessment of your application.

Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.