Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi…

I’ve finished my test a few hours ago. Sections I chose were 1(math), 2(physics), and 5(advanced math&physics)

From the experience of solving the past paper 2016, I thought my math (section 1) was okay and physics and advanced math&physics needed more efforts since I got 15, 7, and 7 respectively for the past paper.

However, today, I screwed up my math…

For the first 25 minutes, I was nervous and psyched out at the test, and only solved 6 questions properly in math.

I tried to change some environments so just I turned to the physics section without finishing the math section.

Luckily, I successfully awakened myself and the physics section was pretty manageable.

so was advanced math&physics. I did much better than I did on the past paper I think.

Then I looked at a clock, I noticed that I only had a few minutes left for my math section

And thus I started to solve&guess (basicially guessing) for about 4 questions in the math section, and for the other 8 questions, I just guessed.

And paper 2 was pretty nice I think

Sorry for whining

So I was stressed and regretted for a couple hours, and I just realized that I need to be more practical and think about my future right now.

Will I be interviewed with decent personal statement & reference, okay IB predicted grades (41) and highschool gpa, and NSAA with bad math, good physics & advanced math-physics?

And since I am quite confident with the interview since im doing some advanced univ level stuff outside school, if I do great in the interview, is it possible to be accepted?

Do interviewers ask about my NSAA during the interview? (eg, why’d you get so low in math)

PLUS: plz don't discuss about questions.

ReputationRep:
    Well it’s good you found section 2 good, I found one question in section 2 good, another one went tits up. Considering they interview around 75% of applicants, you should get an interview. As to whether you will get an offer or not, who knows. That’s a lottery even if you get 100%, people still don’t get offers who ace the NSAA. Also, when do we find out about interviews??
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
    • Section Leader
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mingsan9)
    Do interviewers ask about my NSAA during the interview? (eg, why’d you get so low in math)
    They might (not like that though - but they may go through one of your question/answers).

An interview is still likely. And the NSAA is just one part of the holistic assessment of your application.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.