Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How do you cope with fake people and modern world? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi! I've got a question: today seems that everyone is so fake, everybody is commercial and is encouraged to be so (if you want a job). I just can't stand it! All this stupidity, for example models super skinny that eat less than enough and exercise a lot and when it comes to an interview everybody's trying to pretend that they eat healthy and practice healthy sports and so on. I'ts ridiculous. Or why celebrities (female) have to sell their bodies to get recognised? Why we always have to be so fake?

ReputationRep:
    Personally I just like to live by my own morals and go for jobs that stand by the same views as my own, as well as being friends with people who are on my wavelength and not surrounding myself with 'fake' people in the first place
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Go listen to some drake

ReputationRep:
    Sit in a corner and meditate.

ReputationRep:
    I just rather focus on the things that I can control
    I suppose sitting and worrying won’t help or change anything at all so I just don’t do it and keep smiling everything will be ok in the end

ReputationRep:
    Just do what you feel is right. Sometimes you have to 'play the game' to get to where you want. I would say that the majority of people are 'fake', by that I mean they probably do things which isn't true to who they are. I guess some people just try to find a purpose in life and if it's being fake then so be it lol

ReputationRep:
    Around 98 percent people in the modern world are fake ,its so hard to identify the fake with genuine people.

I think these days it's very difficult to avoid fake people. Many people are fake people, some without even trying- it depends what you consider 'fake'. But definitions aside, surround yourself with people you enjoy to be with, people who are true to you and true to themselves. This is easier said than done but I assure you once you start to look over the fake people in your life, everything becomes much easier. As it goes with celebrities however, I know you cannot really 'avoid being friend' with them because that just doesn't make sense but a really good quality that can help with this whole subject it is letting things fly over your head. Learn to deal with these feelings of hatred towards these fake people and ignore them. Once again easier said than done but I really hope this helps.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.