Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I had my driving test today and it was all going well till I came up to a roundabout where the examiner said take the second left at the roundabout so I got into the left lane and realised that I was meant to be in the right, I realised my mistake and thought if I fix it by still going to left so I don’t cause a danger it wouldn’t make a difference as I’ve been told my instructor if I made a mistake but stay safe it would be okay but while driving the examiner changes my indicator and said he said go right even tho he said left and didn’t give me a chance to fix my mistake
    • TSR Support Team
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alexb35)
    I had my driving test today and it was all going well till I came up to a roundabout where the examiner said take the second left at the roundabout so I got into the left lane and realised that I was meant to be in the right, I realised my mistake and thought if I fix it by still going to left so I don’t cause a danger it wouldn’t make a difference as I’ve been told my instructor if I made a mistake but stay safe it would be okay but while driving the examiner changes my indicator and said he said go right even tho he said left and didn’t give me a chance to fix my mistake
    Sorry to be blunt, but, you can't blame the examiner for your own mistake! Live and learn.

This thread should be in the Learning to drive forum. I'll just tag AngryJellyfish to get this moved over there

ReputationRep:
    I would. The examiner should not have interfered with the car controls (unless it was a safety issue), or failed you for (safely) not taking the exit that he wanted.

What did they write as the reason for the fail?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RoyalSheepy)
    Sorry to be blunt, but, you can't blame the examiner for your own mistake!
    Should you fail for (safely) taking the wrong exit?
    • TSR Support Team
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RogerOxon)
    Should you fail for (safely) taking the wrong exit?
    You don't know if it was "safely". That's up to the examiner to determine.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RoyalSheepy)
    You don't know if it was "safely". That's up to the examiner to determine.
    Yes, hence why I asked for the exact reason for the fail. However, the examiner should not have touched the indicator, as it wasn't a safety issue.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RogerOxon)
    Yes, hence why I asked for the exact reason for the fail. However, the examiner should not have touched the indicator, as it wasn't a safety issue.
    As I said: you don't know whether OP was driving in a safe manner or not.

ReputationRep:
    Did you have your instructor in the back during your test, and he/she agrees that it was an unfair fail? If not, don't bother appealing - it's literally the examiner's word (a very experienced driver) vs your word (a very inexperienced driver), and you will lose your appeal every single time.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    This seems rather strange - usually, if you go the wrong way when directed to drive, the examiner should just get you back on track by providing new directions.

What were you failed for?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.