Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    How was NSAA?
    For me, section 1 I ran out of time when I was doing my third subject
    so I ended up only having 2/3 and few more questions done in the whole section.
    Section 2, I also ran out of time so have done may be 70~80% of both 2 questions.
    Does anyone know the pass score or rate for NSAA?
    Also, is it possible to get interview offer even if I didn't do really well on the test?
    My IB predicted is around 42~44

ReputationRep:
    I've seen some people on TSR say that 50% is alright. My NSAA was awful!!! I only worked out 5/18 of the maths questions and I was going to go back to guesstimate some of them but I ran out of time.

ReputationRep:
    Sounds like the timing was problematic for a lot of people.

Also there's no pass rate. NSAA is just one part of your whole application, so it's not considered in isolation

ReputationRep:
    section 1 was tough for me too
    you'll be interviewed if you are the one that they want to closely look at i think?

ReputationRep:
    both sections were very tough

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't worry, I went to a college open day and they basically said look guys we're just going to shove these on a shelf somewhere. They've only just started the exam so they don't have any data on whether the people they want to give offers to get good marks or not. They're not gonna use this as a big part of the admissions process for a few years yet.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kapietie)
    How was NSAA?
    For me, section 1 I ran out of time when I was doing my third subject
    so I ended up only having 2/3 and few more questions done in the whole section.
    Section 2, I also ran out of time so have done may be 70~80% of both 2 questions.
    Does anyone know the pass score or rate for NSAA?
    Also, is it possible to get interview offer even if I didn't do really well on the test?
    My IB predicted is around 42~44
    Same, I ran out of time, spent most of it on the maths in section one tbh bc I was finding that the easiest part. Section two I did both Chem questions, answered C2 fine but only half finished C1. I think they mainly look at your UMS or equivalent and use the NSAA as just an extra piece of info. I don't think it'll disadvantage you too much if you don't get 50% (which I think is the average) because they look at you as a whole. Hope this helps and good luck with you applications!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 11euni-b)
    Same, I ran out of time, spent most of it on the maths in section one tbh bc I was finding that the easiest part. Section two I did both Chem questions, answered C2 fine but only half finished C1. I think they mainly look at your UMS or equivalent and use the NSAA as just an extra piece of info. I don't think it'll disadvantage you too much if you don't get 50% (which I think is the average) because they look at you as a whole. Hope this helps and good luck with you applications!
    The thing is, UK schools don't take AS modules anymore and do their exams linear so they do look at this with some weight over your UMS I think.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.