Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Anyone know why a uni would ask for certificate scans before an interview offer? Surely they d offer you an interview first ! Is this a good or bad thing 🤔

who knows.

ReputationRep:
      Helpful 👍
      • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Jollyjohn)
      Anyone know why a uni would ask for certificate scans before an interview offer? Surely they d offer you an interview first ! Is this a good or bad thing 🤔
      Hey Jollyjohn

I have contacted a member of our admissions team to help answer your question When I hear back from them, I'll be able to give you a definitive answer.

I wouldn't worry too much though, sometimes the team just need a bit more information before making a decision, there's loads of reasons for this but they aren’t necessarily negative.

If there's any other questions you have in the mean time, don't hesitate to give me a shout!

Chris - NTU Rep

Connect with NTU
      Keep up with our daily stories on Facebook.

Follow our Twitter for student news.

Explore our campuses with Instagram.

See what life at NTU is like on our Youtube.
      • TSR Support Team
      • Peer Support Volunteers
      • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
      Universities like to check on qualifications and certificates have official markings on them. I would not read into much
      Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Nottingham Trent University)
      Hey Jollyjohn

I have contacted a member of our admissions team to help answer your question When I hear back from them, I'll be able to give you a definitive answer.

I wouldn't worry too much though, sometimes the team just need a bit more information before making a decision, there's loads of reasons for this but they aren’t necessarily negative.

If there's any other questions you have in the mean time, don't hesitate to give me a shout!

Chris - NTU Rep

Connect with NTU
      Keep up with our daily stories on Facebook.

Follow our Twitter for student news.

Explore our campuses with Instagram.

See what life at NTU is like on our Youtube.
      Thank you!!

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Airmed)
      Universities like to check on qualifications and certificates have official markings on them. I would not read into much
      Thank you !

ReputationRep:
      Hey Jollyjohn

Back again!

Helen from our admissions team has told me the following - "If we have asked for copies of certificates this could be because we are unsure of the type of qualifications taken, we are unable to confirm them on LRS or the reference provided is not academic so does not verify the qualifications."

Like i said before, none of these are negative they are just the process that we have to go through before making an offer.

Hope this has helped, give me a shout if you have any questions

Chris - NTU Rep

ReputationRep:
      Hey Jollyjohn

Back again!

Helen from our admissions team has told me the following - "If we have asked for copies of certificates this could be because we are unsure of the type of qualifications taken, we are unable to confirm them on LRS or the reference provided is not academic so does not verify the qualifications."

Like i said before, none of these are negative they are just the process that we have to go through before making an offer.

Hope this has helped, give me a shout if you have any questions

Chris - NTU Rep
      I was offered conditional offer! Thank you

ReputationRep:
      I was offered conditional offer! Thank you
      Congrats! That's great to hear

What course have you applied for?

ReputationRep:
      Congrats! That's great to hear

What course have you applied for?
      Health and social

ReputationRep:
      Health and social
      Nice one!

Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions

Chris

1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.