Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Applying for University (law) with Dyscalculia Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    hey guys!I am a student from Germany and my dream is it to study law in England. However, since I had some pre-existing conditions (ADEM) I learned everything a little bit later and much slower than an average person and in addition to that, I was diagnosed with dyscalculia. I always had very bad grades in math. Since I was very slow my other grades weren't that great either. Now my condition has improved a lot except for math, economics, and physics. In spite of that, I am going to get my Abitur (equivalent the A-Level) in summer 2018. And now to my question: Should I tell the Universities I am going to apply for about my conditions because otherwise, they will probably think that I am just a lazy student with bad grades.I personally think that I am not stupid or lazy since I got very good grades in English literature (grade 1 equivalent A ) and my teachers always tell me that I am good at making conclusions. Since I am at a business school we dealt with different kinds of contracts, property, and possession, etc. and I was the only one in class who got an A. I also taught myself Korean and I do speak German, English, Arabic, French and Korean. Do you guys think I will be able to get a place as a law student in England with these conditions? Thank you very much in advance!!!!!!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.