Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    hey guys!
    I am a student from Germany and my dream is it to study law in England. However, since I had some pre-existing conditions (ADEM) I learned everything a little bit later and much slower than an average person and in addition to that, I was diagnosed with dyscalculia. I always had very bad grades in math. Since I was very slow my other grades weren't that great either. Now my condition has improved a lot except for math, economics, and physics. In spite of that, I am going to get my Abitur (equivalent the A-Level) in summer 2018. And now to my question: Should I tell the Universities I am going to apply for about my conditions because otherwise, they will probably think that I am just a lazy student with bad grades.
    I personally think that I am not stupid or lazy since I got very good grades in English literature (grade 1 equivalent A+) and my teachers always tell me that I am good at making conclusions. Since I am at a business school we dealt with different kinds of contracts, property, and possession, etc. and I was the only one in class who got an A. I also taught myself Korean and I do speak German, English, Arabic, French and Korean.
    Do you guys think I will be able to get a place as a law student in England with these conditions?

Thank you very much in advance!!!!!!
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amira2112)
    hey guys!
    I am a student from Germany and my dream is it to study law in England. However, since I had some pre-existing conditions (ADEM) I learned everything a little bit later and much slower than an average person and in addition to that, I was diagnosed with dyscalculia. I always had very bad grades in math. Since I was very slow my other grades weren't that great either. Now my condition has improved a lot except for math, economics, and physics. In spite of that, I am going to get my Abitur (equivalent the A-Level) in summer 2018. And now to my question: Should I tell the Universities I am going to apply for about my conditions because otherwise, they will probably think that I am just a lazy student with bad grades.
    I personally think that I am not stupid or lazy since I got very good grades in English literature (grade 1 equivalent A+) and my teachers always tell me that I am good at making conclusions. Since I am at a business school we dealt with different kinds of contracts, property, and possession, etc. and I was the only one in class who got an A. I also taught myself Korean and I do speak German, English, Arabic, French and Korean.
    Do you guys think I will be able to get a place as a law student in England with these conditions?

Thank you very much in advance!!!!!!
    If you meet entry requirements then you could get a place, if you tell them it might or might not make them more lenient but you would be entitled to support at university so in that sense it's well worth telling them.

ReputationRep:
    Go for it. Many will discourage you. Many will encourage you. However, it is you who needs to accept the subject and what it demands. If you do then I say GOOOOOO for it Sometimes we have doubts but all we need is that kick up the arse to make us realise we need to make use of all our opportunities and if you think you can study Law do not let anyone stop you.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.