Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    So basically I was working for an agency they lost the contract 3 weeks ago and I lost my job, I applied for universal credit but was refused at the interview cos my documents didn't meet their criteria so they arranged a job seekers interview and I have this tomorrow, but I've not got a penny no electric has food anything and I'm really stuck, will they be able to help me straight away financially? Also I've been offered a job for Deliveroo but need to buy a bike and I could be working by next week is this something they would help me with? Thanks!
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    (Original post by YasFreemind)
    So basically I was working for an agency they lost the contract 3 weeks ago and I lost my job, I applied for universal credit but was refused at the interview cos my documents didn't meet their criteria so they arranged a job seekers interview and I have this tomorrow, but I've not got a penny no electric has food anything and I'm really stuck, will they be able to help me straight away financially? Also I've been offered a job for Deliveroo but need to buy a bike and I could be working by next week is this something they would help me with? Thanks!
    Days to wait before entitled to any payment =7
    Day first paid, its normally every 2 weeks after claim is confirmed.
    You can make a claim for short term benefit advance. You will need to persist with this.

https://www.gov.uk/short-term-benefit-advance

You are more likely to be told to use a foodbank.
    Councils also have a discretionary fund which has taken the place of hardship loans. Its called local welfare assistance.

https://www.turn2us.org.uk/Benefit-g...t-is-available

Adviser have discretion to assist if you have a guaranteed job, but probably not for new claimants.
    Budgeting loans become available if you sign in for 26 weeks.

You could try your bank.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.