Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

JSA Jobseekers - help!! Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    So basically I was working for an agency they lost the contract 3 weeks ago and I lost my job, I applied for universal credit but was refused at the interview cos my documents didn't meet their criteria so they arranged a job seekers interview and I have this tomorrow, but I've not got a penny no electric has food anything and I'm really stuck, will they be able to help me straight away financially? Also I've been offered a job for Deliveroo but need to buy a bike and I could be working by next week is this something they would help me with? Thanks!
    • Very Important Poster

(Original post by YasFreemind)
    So basically I was working for an agency they lost the contract 3 weeks ago and I lost my job, I applied for universal credit but was refused at the interview cos my documents didn't meet their criteria so they arranged a job seekers interview and I have this tomorrow, but I've not got a penny no electric has food anything and I'm really stuck, will they be able to help me straight away financially? Also I've been offered a job for Deliveroo but need to buy a bike and I could be working by next week is this something they would help me with? Thanks!
    Days to wait before entitled to any payment =7
    Day first paid, its normally every 2 weeks after claim is confirmed.
    You can make a claim for short term benefit advance. You will need to persist with this.

https://www.gov.uk/short-term-benefit-advance

You are more likely to be told to use a foodbank.
    Councils also have a discretionary fund which has taken the place of hardship loans. Its called local welfare assistance.

https://www.turn2us.org.uk/Benefit-g...t-is-available

Adviser have discretion to assist if you have a guaranteed job, but probably not for new claimants.
    Budgeting loans become available if you sign in for 26 weeks.

You could try your bank.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
    How much money do you spend a week?The ultimate guide to tax!Guide to student bank accounts

Sponsored features:

Web Legend

Win a Macbook Air!

Blog about setting up a website for a chance to win in our Web Legend competition.

Quick link:

Unanswered money and finance threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.