Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • Thread Starter
    Offline

    16
    ReputationRep:
    Today I received my termly interim test results and got a D, which I was not expecting. Due to this I'm worrying that my predicted grade will be compromised, as my year 12 current grade will be used to calculate that. I hope to have predicted grades of A A A*, of which the A* would have been in biology.

    I plan to do medicine at Universities like Imperial or others of the same caliber, so what can I do to improve my situation and achieve this goal.

    This test was worth 25% of my current grade, leaving 3 other mocks(worth 75%) throughout the year. If I manage to get As and A*s for these tests, will I be able to use this as a testament that i can achieve an A* at the end of year 13?

    Thanks for any help
    • Very Important Poster
    Online

    19
    (Original post by ultimateradman)
    Today I received my termly interim test results and got a D, which I was not expecting. Due to this I'm worrying that my predicted grade will be compromised, as my year 12 current grade will be used to calculate that. I hope to have predicted grades of A A A*, of which the A* would have been in biology.

    I plan to do medicine at Universities like Imperial or others of the same caliber, so what can I do to improve my situation and achieve this goal.

    This test was worth 25% of my current grade, leaving 3 other mocks(worth 75%) throughout the year. If I manage to get As and A*s for these tests, will I be able to use this as a testament that i can achieve an A* at the end of year 13?

    Thanks for any help
    You need to talk to your teachers and ask if theres a chance to do extra credits. Schools vary, so they may allow you an A if you get 3As for the rest. Only your school can tell you.

    In any event they do not like resits, so if you are down at D, then you need to work out what went wrong and improve or your aspirations will be thwarted.
    • Thread Starter
    Offline

    16
    ReputationRep:
    999tigger Thanks for the advice. The reason I didn't do as well is because I missed the first week of school, and it took a long time for me to understand the missed work. Unfortunately it looks like I need to work at that same stuff, but hopefully I should be able to.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
    • Very Important Poster
    Online

    19
    (Original post by ultimateradman)
    999tigger Thanks for the advice. The reason I didn't do as well is because I missed the first week of school, and it took a long time for me to understand the missed work. Unfortunately it looks like I need to work at that same stuff, but hopefully I should be able to.
    I dont think missing one week of school is going to be very convincing. Its not going to be the difference between getting a D and an A or B. Its done now. You have to catch up if you are really determined about medicine.
    • Thread Starter
    Offline

    16
    ReputationRep:
    Yh you're right, this has pulled me back to reality.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
 
 
 
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

    You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

  • Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Help with your A-levels

    All the essentials

    The adventure begins mug

    Student life: what to expect

    What it's really like going to uni

    Rosette

    Essay expert

    Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

    Uni match

    Uni match

    Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

    Study planner

    Create a study plan

    Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

    Study planner

    Resources by subject

    Everything from mind maps to class notes.

    Hands typing

    Degrees without fees

    Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

    A student doing homework

    Study tips from A* students

    Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

    Study help links and info

    Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

    Sponsored content:

    HEAR

    HEAR

    Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

    Groups associated with this forum:

    View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

    You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

  • The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

    Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

    Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.