Is this likely to happen? Watch

mariejuana
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I've started year 12 and had my results back from my first proper a-level class tests. I'm a bit disappointed.
Biology : A
Chemistry :B
Maths: A
If i try really hard, could i get these to A's/A*'s at the end of year 12/13?- I want to do medicine, so I realistically want A*A*A
Cor395
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by mariejuana)
I've started year 12 and had my results back from my first proper a-level class tests. I'm a bit disappointed.
If i try really hard, could i get these to A's/A*'s at the end of year 12/13?- I want to do medicine, so I realistically want A*A*A
omg the amount of people ive seen these past few weeks complaining that they havent had a great start to a level year. here wo go again.
its not uncommon for students to suddenly have a drop in their grades at the start of a level even if they have like 21491209850923 A* at GCSE . you just need to get used to:
1. exam technique
2. new revision method based on answering questions effectively rather than content content content
3. managing your time well
4. not freaking the f*** out
5. slow progress. some people might be hitting As/A*s right off the bat but others not so much. most of the time it has nothing to do with intelligence but rather your approach to revsion
yeahthatonethere
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I don't know why you're disappointed to be honest. You can't get A* in year 12 so you got 2 top grades and 1 second top at the start of the year. That's impressive and honestly you should know that.

I dont know if this is just fishing for compliments or genuine but of course you can go from As and Bs to A*s in two years.
cheesecakelove
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by mariejuana)
Personally, I think these are great grades, a good start. If you make sure you are organised and revise well, I am sure you could go up a grade (or two) in the end.
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Undergraduate
    Thu, 13 Dec '18
  • University of Buckingham
    Open Evening Undergraduate
    Thu, 13 Dec '18
  • University of Lincoln
    Mini Open Day at the Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Dec '18

Do you like exams?