The Student Room Group

Would it be worth finishing my Associates Degree?

Hello mates, I entered US Junior College last year as I couldn't pay for the IFP I was accepted into last year. Currently I've a 3.61 GPA, which could possibly allow myself entry into LSE/Bristol/etc if I take calculus (LSE wants a 3.0-3.5 GPA in your associates degree, Bristol wants a 3.4). On the other-hand I could go to University this year and just get it out of the way. What would you recommend?
Original post by flatline
Hello mates, I entered US Junior College last year as I couldn't pay for the IFP I was accepted into last year. Currently I've a 3.61 GPA, which could possibly allow myself entry into LSE/Bristol/etc if I take calculus (LSE wants a 3.0-3.5 GPA in your associates degree, Bristol wants a 3.4). On the other-hand I could go to University this year and just get it out of the way. What would you recommend?

Which would be easier for you and which would be cheaper as the cost would be different for the two options
Reply 2
Original post by claireestelle
Which would be easier for you and which would be cheaper as the cost would be different for the two options

The costs would be 29,000 extra for the additional year ontop of the bachelors degree, which will be 33,000 per year.

It wouldn't be hard to finish work wise, my question moreso is if it'd be worth finishing.
The costs would be 29,000 extra for the additional year ontop of the bachelors degree, which will be 33,000 per year.

It wouldn't be hard to finish work wise, my question moreso is if it'd be worth finishing.

For that amount of money if you can get onto the bachelor's now then do that
Reply 4
Original post by claireestelle
For that amount of money if you can get onto the bachelor's now then do that

That's essentially what I was thinking; however, I had received some advice to finish it out. I figure that if I do well then I can simply go to a prestigious university for my masters.
That's essentially what I was thinking; however, I had received some advice to finish it out. I figure that if I do well then I can simply go to a prestigious university for my masters.

Most masters aren't fussy where you did your undergrad really
Reply 6
Looks like I'm going to have to finish it regardless, the Universities said they would likely accept me if I reapplied next year after finishing my degree.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending