The Student Room Group

History essay question help

question: Was Charles 1 personally responsible for the problems which faced the monarchy in the years 1625-42 (20)
Layout of the essay:
P1- Intro (done)
P2-Was Charles 1 responsible
P3-Religion
P4-Finance
P5-Conclusion
I am struggling on what to include in the remaining 4 paragraphs, please HELP.
Original post by ethansutton1
question: Was Charles 1 personally responsible for the problems which faced the monarchy in the years 1625-42 (20)
Layout of the essay:
P1- Intro (done)
P2-Was Charles 1 responsible
P3-Religion
P4-Finance
P5-Conclusion
I am struggling on what to include in the remaining 4 paragraphs, please HELP.

I cant see how you can write an introduction with any direction or substance when you dont know the answer for the remaining 95% of your essay.

Never worry about introductions (especially if you procrastinate) or conclusions. The bulk of your marks is in the middle.

1. Do your research and id all the problems facing the monarchy, so you understand them.- what was the problem and why was it a problem for either the country or the position of monarchy?

2.Then think about how any one of them was the responsibility and made worse r better by the king. Lets say you find 4-6 areas.

Then you can write your essay.

Introduction write later.

Go over the problems faced and why they were problems. What were the implications.

Go over personal responsibility of the king or not. Was the issue caused by him or would it have happened anyway? Did he make it worse?

Your conclusion is looking back on all this and answering the question where you can sum up the argument and state something like of the problems facing the king, then 12 and 3 were down to him and he made it worse., but 4,5,6 were not. You can then finish with he was largely to blame, partly or not to blame at all. It doesnt matter as long as you have reasoned it out. You can then redraft your intro.

Quick Reply

Latest