This is part of an email I got from mcdonalds about an interview;
''will give you a chance to see what it’s really like at McDonald’s by working in a restaurant.
What should you wear to the Interview?
• Smart Business attire is required light coloured shirt and dark trousers/skirt
• Flat, closed-in, low heel shoes, to minimise the risk of slips and to help protect your feet
• No jewellery please except a plain wedding ring
• No nail varnish, false nails, and avoid excessive make up
• If you are unable to comply with any of the dress requirements let the restaurant know prior to your interview and they will be able to provide you with a uniform''
So is this saying I'm going to be expected to work at the interview? Pretty confused.. Also, do they pay minimum wage for 18 year olds or is it £7.05? Thank you guys!
Turn on thread page Beta
McDonald's interview? watch
- Thread Starter
- 02-11-2017 16:28
- Community Assistant
- 04-11-2017 11:35
It sounds like they'll be doing a trial, yes. So you'll be expected to work like an employee is so they can see what you're like interacting with customers and other staff members.
If you're 18 then yes by law they have to pay the national living wage for 18 year olds.
- 06-11-2017 17:38
I work at Mcdonalds and what you do is go round the whole store seeing what people do, where stuff is and yes they let you serve 1-3 customers maybe more, then you go to a welcome interview discuss your hours and then you will start the following week, and yes around £7 for minimum wage for 18 year olds but easy to get promoted