Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey everyone! I was just wondering how everyone thought the ELAT went today. I applied for Classics and English so I did the ELAT and the CAT. I thought the topic was alright and I wrote fairly okay, but some of the extracts were hard. What did everyone choose & how did you find it? Good luck to everyoneeee!!
    • Community Assistant
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by immyosborn)
    Hey everyone! I was just wondering how everyone thought the ELAT went today. I applied for Classics and English so I did the ELAT and the CAT. I thought the topic was alright and I wrote fairly okay, but some of the extracts were hard. What did everyone choose & how did you find it? Good luck to everyoneeee!!
    Remember the TSR Rules on this-https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4934792 when posting

ReputationRep:
    I actually think it was alright, and everyone else I spoke found that it was generally fine so I get the impression that people are going to be scoring highly...sorry if that's anxiety-inducing for some lol but hopefully someone else can chime in about how others found it. For all I know I did pretty poorly, given you can never really be sure with these things.

ReputationRep:
    TBH I was pretty disappointed with mine, I think I really messed up

ReputationRep:
    I thought it was fine but I ran out of time in the end so didn’t really have a conclusion which I am slightly worried about.

ReputationRep:
    It was interesting to say the least. I had issues choosing my extracts and coming up with something I found interesting in terms of the theme, but I think that I may pull it back with the close analysis? To be honest you can never tell with this kind of test.
    • Section Leader
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    There's also an ELAT thread here:
    https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=5030796

I'm closing this one

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.