The Student Room Group

Drama/Media/Journalism Work Experience

I'm currently a Y12 student studying A-level, English Literature, English Language and Drama. As part of my sixth form's curriculum I've got to find work experience for the week commencing April 16th 2018. I'm unsure of the particular career path I'd like to take but I'm very passionate about theatre and performing, and writing, therefore I would love work experience in that kind of field. I'm struggling to find places that will accept me as for many things you have to be 18+ and at the time of the work experience I will only be 17. I'd love any recommendations of where to look, any contacts or anybody else's personal experience with finding work experience in this field. Thank you, Alice
I had a friend who was interested in media/ journalism and she went and did work experience for a local newspaper, helping them report and write stories which seemed really fun! so maybe try contacting local newspapers or if you want to do something more to do with theatre then contact local venues/theatres near you!

Quick Reply

Latest