Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How much do you spend on food per week? Watch

• TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Simple as the title, how much do you usually spend on food each week? Whether that be grocery shopping, restaurants, or otherwise, what's your average budget? :yum:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shadowdweller)
    Simple as the title, how much do you usually spend on food each week? Whether that be grocery shopping, restaurants, or otherwise, what's your average budget? :yum:
    First-year uni, average for me is probably about 18 pounds p/w? I don't drink or eat out.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    My wife and I spend about $80 at the supermarket and another $40 or so eating out. We eat a lot of meat.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    I am trying not to exceed the limit of 10 € each week, sometimes I even spend more than 20 €.

(Original post by Sabertooth)
    My wife and I spend about $80 at the supermarket and another $40 or so eating out. We eat a lot of meat.
    Could it be that I am not the only one who is paying foods out of Britain? British don't pay with dollars as a current...
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kallisto)
    I am trying not to exceed the limit of 10 € each week, sometimes I even spend more than 20 €.

Could it be that I am not the only one who is paying foods out of Britain? British don't pay with dollars as a current...
    Correct, I don't live in Britain. Where'd you live? How on earth do you only aim to spend 10 € a week?? :eek:
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Around £20 a week. But I do a big shop once a month and probably spend around £30.

ReputationRep:
    About £100 every 2/3 weeks for me and my partner and sometimes his daughter, then a takeaway/fast food probably once a week
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    about £60 per week
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Correct, I don't live in Britain. Where'd you live? How on earth do you only aim to spend 10 € a week?? :eek:
    I am living in Germany. Are you an American?

At work I have lunchtime and the option to eat foods in a centeen for free. I just spend money for foods, if it is really needed or I am pleased to cook on weekend days.

ReputationRep:
    £80 a week at asda
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kallisto)
    I am living in Germany. Are you an American?

At work I have lunchtime and the option to eat foods in a centeen for free. I just spend money for foods, if it is really needed or I am pleased to cook on weekend days.
    East or West?

Nah, I just live in the US.

I guess 10 euros just for weekends isn't quite as difficult to do. Pretty sweet job you must have if you get that much food for free everyday! I only have an egg-mayonnaise sandwich and a yogurt for lunch everyday but the cost still builds up.

ReputationRep:
    Average about £60 a week for a family of 4
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    East or West?

(...)
    Neither one thing nor the other! I am a North German. I would be a West, if the GDR would still exist.

ReputationRep:
    £35 a week to cover me for everything in a week

ReputationRep:
    in the first few weeks I only spent around £10-15 on grocery shopping but recently I've been spending around £25 since I need so much stuff now lmao. There probably around an extra £10-15 a week if you count restaurants etc
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    £50 on me and my husband , can be less if we don't buy lunch out.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    About £20! First start at the pound shop, then Lidl, then B&M, then Asda on top of that, I have a shameful amount of takeaways
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    I don't shop every week, but maybe £40 every fortnight-ish?

ReputationRep:
    £20-£30 a week. Me and my boyfriend go out to eat like maybe twice a month or we'll get a takeaway in but it's never too extravagant.

ReputationRep:
    spent about >£10 this week

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.