• Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    PS Reviewer
    Simple as the title, how much do you usually spend on food each week? Whether that be grocery shopping, restaurants, or otherwise, what's your average budget? :yum:
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by shadowdweller)
    Simple as the title, how much do you usually spend on food each week? Whether that be grocery shopping, restaurants, or otherwise, what's your average budget? :yum:
    First-year uni, average for me is probably about 18 pounds p/w? I don't drink or eat out.

ReputationRep:
    My wife and I spend about $80 at the supermarket and another $40 or so eating out. We eat a lot of meat.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    I am trying not to exceed the limit of 10 € each week, sometimes I even spend more than 20 €.

(Original post by Sabertooth)
    My wife and I spend about $80 at the supermarket and another $40 or so eating out. We eat a lot of meat.
    Could it be that I am not the only one who is paying foods out of Britain? British don't pay with dollars as a current...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kallisto)
    I am trying not to exceed the limit of 10 € each week, sometimes I even spend more than 20 €.

Could it be that I am not the only one who is paying foods out of Britain? British don't pay with dollars as a current...
    Correct, I don't live in Britain. Where'd you live? How on earth do you only aim to spend 10 € a week?? :eek:
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Around £20 a week. But I do a big shop once a month and probably spend around £30.

ReputationRep:
    About £100 every 2/3 weeks for me and my partner and sometimes his daughter, then a takeaway/fast food probably once a week
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    about £60 per week
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Correct, I don't live in Britain. Where'd you live? How on earth do you only aim to spend 10 € a week?? :eek:
    I am living in Germany. Are you an American?

At work I have lunchtime and the option to eat foods in a centeen for free. I just spend money for foods, if it is really needed or I am pleased to cook on weekend days.

ReputationRep:
    £80 a week at asda

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kallisto)
    I am living in Germany. Are you an American?

At work I have lunchtime and the option to eat foods in a centeen for free. I just spend money for foods, if it is really needed or I am pleased to cook on weekend days.
    East or West?

Nah, I just live in the US.

I guess 10 euros just for weekends isn't quite as difficult to do. Pretty sweet job you must have if you get that much food for free everyday! I only have an egg-mayonnaise sandwich and a yogurt for lunch everyday but the cost still builds up.

ReputationRep:
    Average about £60 a week for a family of 4
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    East or West?

(...)
    Neither one thing nor the other! I am a North German. I would be a West, if the GDR would still exist.

ReputationRep:
    £35 a week to cover me for everything in a week

ReputationRep:
    in the first few weeks I only spent around £10-15 on grocery shopping but recently I've been spending around £25 since I need so much stuff now lmao. There probably around an extra £10-15 a week if you count restaurants etc
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    £50 on me and my husband , can be less if we don't buy lunch out.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    About £20! First start at the pound shop, then Lidl, then B&M, then Asda on top of that, I have a shameful amount of takeaways
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    I don't shop every week, but maybe £40 every fortnight-ish?

ReputationRep:
    £20-£30 a week. Me and my boyfriend go out to eat like maybe twice a month or we'll get a takeaway in but it's never too extravagant.

ReputationRep:
    spent about >£10 this week

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.