Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CharmSpirit)
    Oh nonono! In France despite choosing the scientific stream I still have 3h per week of philosophy, 2,5h per week of history geography and 2h of Spanish and 2 of English (useless for me as native speaker but still extra hours) and 2h of sport (which I enjoy) on top of my main subjects (maths, physics engineering) resulting in a 38 h week, on top of which we have homework etc. Soooo no, Id personally prefer A levels
    yeah that sounds worst...

ReputationRep:
    Looks like I'm the first computer science person, 9am in the morning too...perfect

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by laurenb00)
    Same honestly, I keep reading this thread and getting increasingly impatient waiting for some kind of response. I feel constantly on edge and probably will until I hear back 😅
    I feel the same.... 😅
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bateaux)
    I totally agree with what you said about exposure; I definitely wouldn't have applied if not for Ibz Mo and some other students I met at Gonville and Caius, as I feel it's so important for students (especially from areas like mine) to see that students like them can get into universities like Cambridge. My school has only ever sent two students to Oxford (and this was two years ago) and no students ever to Cambridge :eek: , my UCAS advisor went to Oxford himself so I'm hoping to get some help from him if I get called to interview but I am still very nervous
    Good luck dude!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CompSci in2k17)
    Looks like I'm the first computer science person, 9am in the morning too...perfect
    Ooo which college?

ReputationRep:
    Useful page for Downing college applicants:
    http://www.discoverdowning.com/downi...18-applicants/

ReputationRep:
    Same honestly, I keep reading this thread and getting increasingly impatient waiting for some kind of response. I feel constantly on edge and probably will until I hear back 😅
    To be fair if you get an interview you'll feel on edge for other reasons. The stress never ends.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ImprobableCacti)
    Good luck dude!!
    You too!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AspiringUnderdog)
    To be fair if you get an interview you'll feel on edge for other reasons. The stress never ends.
    Good point, I never considered that. I might just have to accept being stressed from now on haha

ReputationRep:
    Oh okay right of course I'll let you off then. Is this just for King's?
    I think so. Well, I was surprised anyway as they started notifying CompSci students on the 8th, so I suppose anything could happen!

ReputationRep:
    Physical NatSci applicant for kings
    NSAA was hard tbh, waiting on invitation for interview

ReputationRep:
    Aaah anyone with an interview for maths at Trinity??

ReputationRep:
    Hey! Anyone heard from Cambridge for interviews in Medicine? Should we wait till BMAT results are out?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xBasedChris)
    Downing's interviews for HSPS are pretty earlier, commencing on the 28th of November. Hopefully I'll know if I've passed this first hurdle within a couple weeks
    Hey Chris, I hv applied for Downing HSPS, too! Have you got the interview invitation?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Van_lky)
    Hey Chris, I hv applied for Downing HSPS, too! Have you got the interview invitation?
    Another Downing HSPS! I think you're the first or second I've found on here! I haven't heard back from them yet. I only got the last of my forms in last week so I'm not expecting anything until later this week or maybe even early next week - my friend got only 6 days notice for his interview last year, so who knows? :P

Have you heard back?

ReputationRep:
    Not yet >.< I'm actually so nervous

(Original post by xBasedChris)
    Another Downing HSPS! I think you're the first or second I've found on here! I haven't heard back from them yet. I only got the last of my forms in last week so I'm not expecting anything until later this week or maybe even early next week - my friend got only 6 days notice for his interview last year, so who knows? :P

Have you heard back?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Van_lky)
    Not yet >.< I'm actually so nervous
    No news is good news! :P

Downing's site say they like to give 2 weeks notice, which would be tomorrow at the earliest. Who knows if that's just PR or not? :P

ReputationRep:
    Good point, I never considered that. I might just have to accept being stressed from now on haha
    Unless you get rejected.

ReputationRep:
    Unless you get rejected.
    Of course

ReputationRep:
    Hey! Anyone with interview for geography?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.