Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Got an interview offer for Trinity, natural sciences. NSAA must not have been as horrific as I'd thought

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by argee120117)
    Got an interview offer for Trinity, natural sciences. NSAA must not have been as horrific as I'd thought
    Yayyy congratulations! Are you international or home? What date is yours?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chloe070998)
    Anyone do the PBSAA? I've not heard from many people who did
    I did! What College have you applied to?
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sophtheelf)
    Yayyy congratulations! Are you international or home? What date is yours?
    Thank you! I'm an international applicant applying with predicted IB scores.
    My interview is on the 20th of November

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by laurenb00)
    I did! What College have you applied to?
    Yay!!! Queens, wbu? How did you find the AA?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by argee120117)
    Thank you! I'm an international applicant applying with predicted IB scores.
    My interview is on the 20th of November
    You're welcome! That's so incredible! And oh I see And whoa that's early! Best of luck!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chloe070998)
    Yay!!! Queens, wbu? How did you find the AA?
    St Cats , I think I did well, I was happy when I came out of the exam but you never know 😅 The anticipation is killing me now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by laurenb00)
    St Cats , I think I did well, I was happy when I came out of the exam but you never know 😅 The anticipation is killing me now
    Ikr!!! I'm so scared 😬😬😅😅

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sophtheelf)
    You're welcome! That's so incredible! And oh I see And whoa that's early! Best of luck!!!!!
    All the best to you too! Hope all your efforts pay off

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone, I'm new to this forum (I'm from California)!

I received an interview offer for 12/6 an hour ago this morning via e-mail for Cambridge, from King's within Cambridge. (I'm international so they probably wanted to give me time to book a flight to Britain).

In the schedule they gave me, it says that I have two interviews, one at 9:00 and one at 10:00, and then a CSAT test. Is this normal? Why would they have two interviews?

Thanks -- glad to meet everyone here.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bigchecks)

I received an interview offer for 12/6 an hour ago this morning via e-mail for Cambridge, from King's within Cambridge. (I'm international so they probably wanted to give me time to book a flight to Britain).

In the schedule they gave me, it says that I have two interviews, one at 9:00 and one at 10:00, and then a CSAT test. Is this normal? Why would they have two interviews?

2 is the average for cambridge. For medicine, robinson college interviews you 3 times. I’m still hoping for an interview invitation though 😬

ReputationRep:
    Anybody got an interview from Magdalene College yet?

ReputationRep:

From what I know Cambridge usually has a general interview and a more focused interview (I suppose maths and physics for computer science).

It's nothing special or anything to worry about. I think it's also meant to give candidates a second chance if one wasn't great.
    • Section Leader
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AspiringUnderdog)
    From what I know Cambridge usually has a general interview and a more focused interview (I suppose maths and physics for computer science).

It's nothing special or anything to worry about. I think it's also meant to give candidates a second chance if one wasn't great.
    Entirely depends on the college - for some both interviews will be subject-specific. For others you might have 2 subject interviews plus a general interview, or one general and one subject specific.

The interview invitation (or college web site) will say which type it is.
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:

Perfectly standard.

And you'll probably have 2 different academics in each interview.

ReputationRep:
    Applied to Queens' for Maths... the suspense for an interview is quite exciting ;D

Although I probably won't pass STEP 2 and 3 and hence rip my offer lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AspiringUnderdog)
    I guess it's hard to tell. Not a single person on this site has been positive about either the ENGAA or the NSAA.
    Good luck regardless!
    not really.

ReputationRep:
    Some colleges indicate on their website if they have sent out interview invitations, so you can check them out if you're worried
    (The one for Christ's is here https://www.christs.cam.ac.uk/admiss...ent-applicants)

ReputationRep:
    I got an invitation to interview at King's College today but I was rejected for overseas interview in India yesterday because of stronger applicants, so I'm not feeling very hopeful. :/ Does anyone know what percentage of applicants are invited for an interview (for Computer Science specifically)?
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by S98paul)
    Does anyone know what percentage of applicants are invited for an interview (for Computer Science specifically)?
    Approx 75-80%. Usually anyone they think has a reasonable chance of getting an Offer.

So on that basis *they* think it's worthwhile for you. Don't forget you have the CSAT at interview to strengthen your application.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.