Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IcedArizona)
    Yay another applicant from France! Are you/have you doing/done the bac?
    Hey! And yeah, I’ve got the French bac in June, and you?
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CharmSpirit)
    Hey! And yeah, I’ve got the French bac in June, and you?
    Niiice, I did it this past june Are you doing OIB by any chance?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Oruese)
    Maths applicants don't write an admissions test (apart from STEP which is in july next year) and some on the applicants thread (who are home students) have received an offer already
    okay that's embarrassing from me of course maths doesn't have a pre interview test. Do you know which colleges?
    • Section Leader
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Oruese)
    Maths applicants don't write an admissions test (apart from STEP which is in july next year) and some on the applicants thread (who are home students) have received an offer already
    Invitation to an interview not an "offer"

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Doonesbury)
    Invitation to an interview not an "offer"

Posted from TSR Mobile
    yeah!...sorry i'm getting ahead of myself

ReputationRep:
    May I ask the Queens' interviewees roughly what time of day you received your invites?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AspiringUnderdog)
    okay that's embarrassing from me of course maths doesn't have a pre interview test. Do you know which colleges?
    The person i saw applied to Queens and he said he had a friend applying to a different college with the same invite to the interview

ReputationRep:
    Are you international? A lot of them seem to get them earlier.
    Nope. Neither of us are, both uk. I thought it was very early.
    It's for computer science at Churchill

ReputationRep:
    I applied for engineering at Peterhouse from France and we got an email saying that for those that did a pre interview assessment test, the invitations wouldn’t probably arrive before the 20th as they have to wait for the results....
    *but I did so bad on ENGAA so that’s that ><‘ *
    Yey another Peterhouse applicant! I'm sure you did better than you think

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IcedArizona)
    Niiice, I did it this past june Are you doing OIB by any chance?
    Unfortunately not as my school doesn’t offer it :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CompSciCat)
    Yey another Peterhouse applicant! I'm sure you did better than you think
    Oh thank you! Nice to find someone else applying for Peterhouse too, I just fell in love with the college I take it you’re applying for computer science with your username? ^^

ReputationRep:
    Oh thank you! Nice to find someone else applying for Peterhouse too, I just fell in love with the college I take it you’re applying for computer science with your username? ^^
    Yes, you're correct about computer science Have you visited Peterhouse before? It seems great, I hope I'll see it in real life sometime (preferably at interview )

On tsr MagicalMedic is also applying to Peterhouse, for medicine, and also another person for history, and someone for english.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CompSciCat)
    Yes, you're correct about computer science Have you visited Peterhouse before? It seems great, I hope I'll see it in real life sometime (preferably at interview )

On tsr MagicalMedic is also applying to Peterhouse, for medicine, and also another person for history, and someone for english.
    Yes I went for the open day so I went first thing (got on the first “tour”) and then I visited it again later in the day because I loved it so much (and the library is amazing!)

ReputationRep:
    I don't know anyone from the UK who have received interview offers yet, but I know some people that have been rejected already from various colleges. Does Cambridge send out rejections sooner than they do offers?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JayneSerena)
    Nope. Neither of us are, both uk. I thought it was very early.
    It's for computer science at Churchill
    Ah guess it makes more sense for computer science since there wasn't an admissions test yet. What date is your interview?

(Original post by ckoppula199)
    I don't know anyone from the UK who have received interview offers yet, but I know some people that have been rejected already from various colleges. Does Cambridge send out rejections sooner than they do offers?
    Seems like the person above did lol!
    For which course and college have you heard of the rejections being for?

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=AspiringUnderdog;74532300]Ah guess it makes more sense for computer science since there wasn't an admissions test yet. What date is your interview?

2nd December
    • Section Leader
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Not really - it's usually around the same time.

Which course/college was this?

ReputationRep:
    Ah guess it makes more sense for computer science since there wasn't an admissions test yet. What date is your interview?

Seems like the person above did lol!
    For which course and college have you heard of the rejections being for?
    the course was for computer science as well! The college was kings, I'm not sure about my other friends rejection, didn't ask to much out of courtesy for them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Doonesbury)
    Not really - it's usually around the same time.

Which course/college was this?
    Computer science at kings

ReputationRep:
    the course was for computer science as well! The college was kings, I'm not sure about my other friends rejection, didn't ask to much out of courtesy for them.
    rejections already? errr.....reality just hit mate, i'm quite scared now

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.