Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

BEST Tips/advice to becoming successful and becoming A/A* students Watch

ReputationRep:
    What do you do?
    Advice to people who are pessimists or realists?
    How to wake up early?
    Ways you study?
    Duration of studying?
    When to revise?
    General tips for becoming the BEST?

ReputationRep:
    Read ahead.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AnIndividual)
    Read ahead.
    great.

ReputationRep:
    It depends on the person. Are you looing for generic advice or advice for yourself?
    miss_ambitious

ReputationRep:
    if only there were 30000 threads about this

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CleverBirdie)
    It depends on the person. Are you looing for generic advice or advice for yourself?
    miss_ambitious
    Um both

ReputationRep:
    Ok to build upon my initial response I would advise a few things:

1) Make notes early and then review them consistently throughout the year

2) Do not do past papers too early.

3) Waking up early is an interesting point and much of it will depend upon the individual. Studies seem to indicate that teens function better working late than early but you will probably feel fresher in the morning. I tended to do the majority of my revision late or in the evening. A really good tip is to get a timer and set it for one hour. Every time you do an hour, put a tally. This allows you to keep track of exactly how much work you're doing and seeing your progress encourages you to keep going.

What subjects are you doing? In another forum I gave quite a detailed response on A* tips for French A level if that would help.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AnIndividual)
    Ok to build upon my initial response I would advise a few things:

1) Make notes early and then review them consistently throughout the year

2) Do not do past papers too early.

3) Waking up early is an interesting point and much of it will depend upon the individual. Studies seem to indicate that teens function better working late than early but you will probably feel fresher in the morning. I tended to do the majority of my revision late or in the evening. A really good tip is to get a timer and set it for one hour. Every time you do an hour, put a tally. This allows you to keep track of exactly how much work you're doing and seeing your progress encourages you to keep going.

What subjects are you doing? In another forum I gave quite a detailed response on A* tips for French A level if that would help.
    THanks! Also im doing History, psychology,spanish,

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.