Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello, I am currently in the process of applying to university and wondered if anyone had some tips on writing a law personal statement.

ReputationRep:
    Duuuuude, never post your personal statement..... Now it's gonna get flagged up by UCAS. You have to start again i'm afraid :/

ReputationRep:
    Even if it gets deleted, as it's been on the website, it still gets detected. Sorry man, but you're gonna have to start again. If anything gets flagged, your personal statement goes down as plagiarised.

ReputationRep:
    Include why you want to do law in general as opposed to your career aspirations- so what peaked your interest in Law? What have you done so far to aintain that interest? Maybe your a level subjects have kept you interested or something in the news.

Try to put forward skills you have learnt from your a level subjects- e.g. critical thinking

Read one of the law books that are popular, for mine I mentioned Letters to a Law Student.

Also, put down any jobs/ voluntary things you've done, roles of responsibility etc. Even if its a job in Mcdonalds, that's still a big deal.

And how you'll benefit the University, e.g. you've taken active role in your college and high school environments (say by being a prefect, or student ambassador or form rep) and how you're looking to carry on doing this

And read some other personal statements that have been uploaded online (there's some great ones on studentroom) and see the kinds of things they've included- obviously don't copy. I just found it very useful in helping me word things properly.

Hope this helps!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.