Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey everyone! I was just wondering how everyone thought the CAT went today. I applied for Classics and English at Oxford so I did the ELAT and the CAT. I don't know if it's just me, but I thought the translations were really hard. I'm really not sure that I got the sense of the prose right; the verse was slightly better, but still difficult. How did you guys do? I'm sure you'll all have aced it. Good luck everyoneeeee!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by immyosborn)
    Hey everyone! I was just wondering how everyone thought the CAT went today. I applied for Classics and English at Oxford so I did the ELAT and the CAT. I don't know if it's just me, but I thought the translations were really hard. I'm really not sure that I got the sense of the prose right; the verse was slightly better, but still difficult. How did you guys do? I'm sure you'll all have aced it. Good luck everyoneeeee!!
    I thought the verse was insanely hard. The prose was okay (relatively speaking) for me (I think/hope). I'm so glad someone else thought it was hard!

ReputationRep:
    Not sure how much help I can be as I sat the ‘unseen language’ section of the paper, but I didn’t think that section was all that bad (so I’ve either done okay or really, *really* badly)
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I did the Latin part of the CAT. I thought the verse was alright, I definitely got the gist and I only messed up one sentence, otherwise my other errors were more minor. I found the prose quite hard though, and struggled much more with it than the verse which I wasn’t really expecting !!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.