The Student Room Group
Okay.. I got back from Bali last month and it is AWESOME!!!

First, what is the purpose of your holiday? I LOVED my holiday, we booked a tour on a huge comfy van, which is extremely cheap. You'll find everything ridiculously cheap. Food, taxis etc.

I'd suggest going to Ubud, the cultural village.. where you can shop like crazy for lots of handicrafts. You gotta be ready to bargain well though! They like to charge exorbitant prices to 'foreigners'.

Lots of people like to go to Kuta. I personally hated that place. The people there were the only rude balinese I met, and they were terrible! All looking to rip people off. One thing though, if you like night life and surfing, there's the place to go.

I liked Nusa Dua a lot. It's got classy resort hotels, where you pay slightly more, but get wonderful service and view. You can go do lots of water sports too... parasailing, jetskiing etc.

We also did this one-day-at-sea thing where we got onto a boat called Quicksilver that went out to the reef and let us go banana boating, snorkelling, scuba diving etc.

Loadsa things to do. I'd get a tour guide if I were you.. one of those good ones. Otherwise you'll be really stranded with no idea what to do.
Reply 2
lol- if I knew where Bali even was then I might be able to help you :rolleyes:

*goes and checks atlus*
Reply 3
lilsunflower
Okay.. I got back from Bali last month and it is AWESOME!!!

First, what is the purpose of your holiday? I LOVED my holiday, we booked a tour on a huge comfy van, which is extremely cheap. You'll find everything ridiculously cheap. Food, taxis etc.

I'd suggest going to Ubud, the cultural village.. where you can shop like crazy for lots of handicrafts. You gotta be ready to bargain well though! They like to charge exorbitant prices to 'foreigners'.

Lots of people like to go to Kuta. I personally hated that place. The people there were the only rude balinese I met, and they were terrible! All looking to rip people off. One thing though, if you like night life and surfing, there's the place to go.

I liked Nusa Dua a lot. It's got classy resort hotels, where you pay slightly more, but get wonderful service and view. You can go do lots of water sports too... parasailing, jetskiing etc.

We also did this one-day-at-sea thing where we got onto a boat called Quicksilver that went out to the reef and let us go banana boating, snorkelling, scuba diving etc.

Loadsa things to do. I'd get a tour guide if I were you.. one of those good ones. Otherwise you'll be really stranded with no idea what to do.

Just a relaxing holiday but want to see all the things there and do lots of water sports.
Did you go to Sanur beach?
Reply 4
my friends surname is Bali!
frost105
Just a relaxing holiday but want to see all the things there and do lots of water sports.
Did you go to Sanur beach?

I can't remember, will ask my mum, but that name is really familiar!! I would suggest you go to this water sports place in Nusa Dua... very very very nice :smile: The jetskiing was awesome. If you're a surfer, Kuta definitely.

Oh yeh, there's this cultural dance thing called [insert name here] that everyone will tell you to go and see. It's supposed to be one of those hot tourist attractions DO NOT BOTHER!! I was horrified. Okay, it was very cultural and all, but very slow moving. What annoyed me though was that the actors actually said F**K you to be funny, and proceeded to do very crude stuff like pretending to blowjob a monkey's tail!! I shall not go into much detail, but I was really grossed out.

Latest

Trending

Trending