Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi

I'm currently in S4 and looking to apply to the University of Aberdeen for the Bachelor of Music Education course as soon as I finish SQA Higher Music at the end of 2019.

I started piano lessons about a year and nine months ago after having experience in secondary school with Electronic Keyboard, and have progressed from beginner to grade 5 since then. Also, I have voice at around grade 6. I am considering starting to learn a new instrument, either brass or woodwind.

Unfortunately, the reason that I do not have much musical experience is that I only first became obsessed with music when I went into S1 and did not progress onto piano until halfway through S2.

I am strongly considering Aberdeen because of the Education course as that's what I want to do. I wouldn't want to teach any other subject because I don't feel that I would enjoy it as much as I could with music. I have had my mind set on teaching music since starting secondary school.

Do you think that my passion alone to teach in secondary schools, and my willingness to progress onto grade 8 piano would help me get into this course? If not I would really appreciate advice from anyone who has an idea.

Thanks for your help
    Kyle

ReputationRep:
    Do you/ will you have an alevel equivilent music? I think you'd need a formal qualification to be able to teach it
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Hi

I’m planning to get the A-level equivalent in Scotland (SQA Highers) and will only apply if I get an A in this

ReputationRep:
    Then you will be fine good luck!
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Thanks so much for your advice Potato456

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.