Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    So I am currently thinking of changing back to my orignal degree which is Mechanical Engineering Beng. I have missed a month and was told that I have missed around 30% to 40% and could risk getting 30% overall at the end if I get the average score, Could someone one tell me how many credits I need to pass first year and how much have I really missed and could I still do it with extra revision.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by V7Y)
    So I am currently thinking of changing back to my orignal degree which is Mechanical Engineering Beng. I have missed a month and was told that I have missed around 30% to 40% and could risk getting 30% overall at the end if I get the average score, Could someone one tell me how many credits I need to pass first year and how much have I really missed and could I still do it with extra revision.
    This is likely something that is quite unique to your course, so I would ask your university. Different courses are setup in different ways, but around 30-40% of the first semester missed at this time seems about right.

ReputationRep:
    . tysity
    (Original post by Smack)
    This is likely something that is quite unique to your course, so I would ask your university. Different courses are setup in different ways, but around 30-40% of the first semester missed at this time seems about right.
    Do you know how the resets work for modules, hopefully, tomorrow I will try to call the university as they are currently closed?
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by V7Y)
    . tysity

Do you know how the resets work for modules, hopefully, tomorrow I will try to call the university as they are currently closed?
    Again, how resits work is going to depend on the university's policies. But I would be going in with the aim of passing them first time. When are your next exams?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Smack)
    Again, how resits work is going to depend on the university's policies. But I would be going in with the aim of passing them first time. When are your next exams?
    Within Mechanical Engineering, they have a class exam on the 13th for Maths which is 10%. If I do optional modules will that help cover the month I have missed?
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by V7Y)
    Within Mechanical Engineering, they have a class exam on the 13th for Maths which is 10%. If I do optional modules will that help cover the month I have missed?
    Really depends on the course, you'll probably have to wait until tomorrow to discuss with the university I am afraid.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 2, 2017
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.