Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

going drinking alone? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    do people go drinking alone in bars and clubs? I want to start to go drinking alone but dont know how to do it. Can anyone help me?
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    you get changed, walk out of the house, go to the pub and order a drink.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Saqua)
    do people go drinking alone in bars and clubs? I want to start to go drinking alone but dont know how to do it. Can anyone help me?
    No, the bouncers are outside the bars to check that you definitely have a companion (or 2 or 5 or 100) before you are allowed in. However it has been known that people cheat the system by saying their companion(s) are just behind, so sneaking into the pub/club and viola! drinking alone.

Laws are currently being drafted so that this cowardly act is made illegal by getting the barman/barmaid to check again so that people can only order in a group of 2 or above. Rightfully too I say

[/sarcasm]

Just go out to a Wetherspoons on a (any weekday/ weekend) night to see that the majority of people are there alone...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Saqua)
    I have drunk on my own several times, can get a tad boring but better then being with a load of snakes who grass or trouble causing

ReputationRep:
    where do you sit if theres no places to sit? isnt it weird to be standing there yourselves?

ReputationRep:
    I will sometimes do this if my husband is going to be home late from work. Usually just sit in the pub garden if there is one and chill out with a few beers. I have never been to actual clubs or bars late at night alone though

ReputationRep:
    Pubs are fine, that is the beauty of a uk pub. Sit at the bar, converse with the bar staff, make friends with some like minded regulars. Simple.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.