The Student Room Group
Students relaxing outside, University of Chester
University of Chester
Chester
Visit website

Teacher training application

I'm applying to University of Chester for my PGCE (primary 5-11) part of the entry requirements is 10 days experience in state schools....
A) I'm worried I won't have enough time to secure this is the UK in time to put it on my application before submitting? I've no idea what the application closure date is via ucas and can't find this information online?
B) so I have contacts in Germany (on British territory) which means I could probably get 10 days experience there in the British school (which is taught by British teachers and is the UK cirriculum) does anybody know if this is acceptable?
Thanks
Original post by Chrizzlesticks
I'm applying to University of Chester for my PGCE (primary 5-11) part of the entry requirements is 10 days experience in state schools....
A) I'm worried I won't have enough time to secure this is the UK in time to put it on my application before submitting? I've no idea what the application closure date is via ucas and can't find this information online?
B) so I have contacts in Germany (on British territory) which means I could probably get 10 days experience there in the British school (which is taught by British teachers and is the UK cirriculum) does anybody know if this is acceptable?
Thanks
If it's a British state school, the German thing shouldn't matter. There is a deadline, and I agree, if you send me a visitor message later I'll get back to you on that, I have it written in one of my threads somewhere but I'm on my phone now
Students relaxing outside, University of Chester
University of Chester
Chester
Visit website
The experience type of requirement is more so that the university knows that you have some knowledge of what it's like within a school and that you know it's something you want to do. They want to make sure that nothing will 'surprise' you and then you later 'leave' the course.

If you don't have the experience they'll ask you questions like, what makes you feel you want to teach, If you don't have the experience within a British school how do you know it's right for you - questions like that and your answers could help them make a decision to let you on the course.

It's up to the university mostly.
Original post by 04MR17
If it's a British state school, the German thing shouldn't matter. There is a deadline, and I agree, if you send me a visitor message later I'll get back to you on that, I have it written in one of my threads somewhere but I'm on my phone now

I completely forgot to message you, do you have those dates please? Really worried as I am still trying to secure experience with schools
I completely forgot to message you, do you have those dates please? Really worried as I am still trying to secure experience with schools
:smile:

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=5026320

Thank you, I'm still waiting for schools to get back to me so will get back in touch with them tomorrow and hopefully can complete my ucas application
Thank you, I'm still waiting for schools to get back to me so will get back in touch with them tomorrow and hopefully can complete my ucas application
Feel free to post in that thread when too.:wink:
Hi Chrizzlesticks,We do not have a deadline for our PGCE courses, we close applications as soon as we have filled all of the places on the course. So we recommend submitting your application as soon as possible.In regards to gaining experience, you can apply with 10 days experience in a British School in Germany but we do recommend to also try and get some experience in the UK so you can talk about it during the interview.We hope this helps!
Original post by University of Chester
Hi Chrizzlesticks,We do not have a deadline for our PGCE courses, we close applications as soon as we have filled all of the places on the course. So we recommend submitting your application as soon as possible.In regards to gaining experience, you can apply with 10 days experience in a British School in Germany but we do recommend to also try and get some experience in the UK so you can talk about it during the interview.We hope this helps!

Thank you so much for your reply! I am currently awaiting references to be complete in order to pay and send my application. I just wanted to ensure I was entering the correct codes etc into UCAS before I confirmed my application, so I looked on the website at the Primary PGCE with QTS which says it is a 1 year course but further down the page it is shown to be a 2 year course where the modules are shown of how the course is formed, please could you confirm if this is correct?
Thanks
Thank you so much for your reply! I am currently awaiting references to be complete in order to pay and send my application. I just wanted to ensure I was entering the correct codes etc into UCAS before I confirmed my application, so I looked on the website at the Primary PGCE with QTS which says it is a 1 year course but further down the page it is shown to be a 2 year course where the modules are shown of how the course is formed, please could you confirm if this is correct?
Thanks

Thank you for letting us know about this, we have let our Education department know, so hopefully it will be corrected as soon as possible. We can confirm that our PGCEs are 1 year courses.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending