The Student Room Group

Help - referencing

how do I go about writing this? I do not understand what they are asking of me?

You will research and produce a fully referenced bibliography and filmography on ONE of the following topics covered in the first four weeks of term: ‘Early Cinema’ OR ‘D.W. Griffith’ OR ‘Silent Comedy’.

The aim of this assignment is to demonstrate that you can identify appropriate sources on a specific topic and that you know how to properly reference this material.
Original post by Mdotreg
how do I go about writing this? I do not understand what they are asking of me?

You will research and produce a fully referenced bibliography and filmography on ONE of the following topics covered in the first four weeks of term: ‘Early Cinema’ OR ‘D.W. Griffith’ OR ‘Silent Comedy’.

The aim of this assignment is to demonstrate that you can identify appropriate sources on a specific topic and that you know how to properly reference this material.

A bilbography is a reference list of books and journals that relate to that topic and I presume a filmography is the same thing but for film's .
Reply 2
Original post by claireestelle
A bilbography is a reference list of books and journals that relate to that topic and I presume a filmography is the same thing but for film's .

I understand this.. but are they looking for a research topic or quite literally just a list? I'm unsure how to go about writing it
Original post by Mdotreg
I understand this.. but are they looking for a research topic or quite literally just a list? I'm unsure how to go about writing it

They want you to find as much as you can on that topic and reference it properly, there should be plenty of examples of bibliographies online.
Reply 4
Original post by claireestelle
They want you to find as much as you can on that topic and reference it properly, there should be plenty of examples of bibliographies online.

okay thank you very much.. one last thing; sorry if I sound incredibly stupid but do I need to write out part of the study I'm referencing or quite literally just create a list and they will see if it is deemed credible
Original post by Mdotreg
okay thank you very much.. one last thing; sorry if I sound incredibly stupid but do I need to write out part of the study I'm referencing or quite literally just create a list and they will see if it is deemed credible

I think generally they would expect a little annotation to show how it's relevant but check if they've given any more specific guidance for the assignment.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending