Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    how do I go about writing this? I do not understand what they are asking of me?

You will research and produce a fully referenced bibliography and filmography on ONE of the following topics covered in the first four weeks of term: ‘Early Cinema’ OR ‘D.W. Griffith’ OR ‘Silent Comedy’.

The aim of this assignment is to demonstrate that you can identify appropriate sources on a specific topic and that you know how to properly reference this material.
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mdotreg)
    how do I go about writing this? I do not understand what they are asking of me?

You will research and produce a fully referenced bibliography and filmography on ONE of the following topics covered in the first four weeks of term: ‘Early Cinema’ OR ‘D.W. Griffith’ OR ‘Silent Comedy’.

The aim of this assignment is to demonstrate that you can identify appropriate sources on a specific topic and that you know how to properly reference this material.
    A bilbography is a reference list of books and journals that relate to that topic and I presume a filmography is the same thing but for film's .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by claireestelle)
    A bilbography is a reference list of books and journals that relate to that topic and I presume a filmography is the same thing but for film's .
    I understand this.. but are they looking for a research topic or quite literally just a list? I'm unsure how to go about writing it
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    I understand this.. but are they looking for a research topic or quite literally just a list? I'm unsure how to go about writing it
    They want you to find as much as you can on that topic and reference it properly, there should be plenty of examples of bibliographies online.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by claireestelle)
    They want you to find as much as you can on that topic and reference it properly, there should be plenty of examples of bibliographies online.
    okay thank you very much.. one last thing; sorry if I sound incredibly stupid but do I need to write out part of the study I'm referencing or quite literally just create a list and they will see if it is deemed credible
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    okay thank you very much.. one last thing; sorry if I sound incredibly stupid but do I need to write out part of the study I'm referencing or quite literally just create a list and they will see if it is deemed credible
    I think generally they would expect a little annotation to show how it's relevant but check if they've given any more specific guidance for the assignment.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.