The Student Room Group

would a parents SO effect household income for my loan.

On the student finance calculator there is a question that asks "what is your household income?" followed by "This is your parents’ or partner’s taxable income plus your own. It affects how much help you'll get with living costs."

My mum is on benefits so she has no taxable income, but her boyfriend lives with us and he does have taxable income. i was wondering if his taxable income would effect how much loan i receive. they are just boyfriend and girlfriend, not married but him and his 3 little kids all live with us.
Original post by Keira_D
On the student finance calculator there is a question that asks "what is your household income?" followed by "This is your parents’ or partner’s taxable income plus your own. It affects how much help you'll get with living costs."

My mum is on benefits so she has no taxable income, but her boyfriend lives with us and he does have taxable income. i was wondering if his taxable income would effect how much loan i receive. they are just boyfriend and girlfriend, not married but him and his 3 little kids all live with us.

Yes it would count as they are contributing to the household income
Original post by Keira_D

Hi Keira_D,

If you are under 25 years old, to assess you for the maximum support we look at the income of the parent and their husband or partner, where you would normally live.

Even if they are not married we would need both your mum and her partner to provide their income details.

Thanks Rona

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending