Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I keep getting really low marks in my essays (like 13/25 which is not good at all) and my teacher said it’s because of my analysis. I’ve tried to do detailed chain of analysis but i keep getting them wrong.

Below is an attempt at a paragraph i just did, can someone please read it and give me feedback on what my problem is? And also any other general help with econ revision will be appreciated!

Name:  96CFFFBA-CD76-49C4-A1D4-3CECA93B8B6D.jpg.jpeg
Views: 16
Size:  26.8 KB
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    also my exam board is OCR

ReputationRep:
    anyone?

ReputationRep:
    what grade did you get at gcse and whats the specific essay question and total marks available ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jonjoshelvey21)
    what grade did you get at gcse and whats the specific essay question and total marks available ?
    I didn't take economics at GCSE as my school didn't offer it.

The question is ''analyse the factors that determine the elasticity of demand for labour'' and it's out of 25 marks

ReputationRep:
    try and get in a "however" at the end i.e. stating what factors must take place in order for the statement to be true. this gets you evaluative marks

ReputationRep:
    also always refer to diagrams and describe e.g. how p increases rom p to p1 and d decreases from d to d1 or whatever and talk of the shift in the curve. this gets you analytical marks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jonjoshelvey21)
    also always refer to diagrams and describe e.g. how p increases rom p to p1 and d decreases from d to d1 or whatever and talk of the shift in the curve. this gets you analytical marks
    thank you, I will make those changes!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.