Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Sorry, I know this is an over-asked question but checking my email for something from Imperial every day is becoming somewhat of a compulsion (and consequently a problem).

I've applied for Physics. When do they roughly start inviting folks for interviews? And when do interviews get held? And roughly what proportion of students do they interview?

ReputationRep:
    Most of the departments have already invited applicants for interviews if you applied early.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tanvipie)
    Sorry, I know this is an over-asked question but checking my email for something from Imperial every day is becoming somewhat of a compulsion (and consequently a problem).

I've applied for Physics. When do they roughly start inviting folks for interviews? And when do interviews get held? And roughly what proportion of students do they interview?
    Most of the departments have already started inviting people for interviews and this process will continue for awhile so unfortunately it'll be difficult for you to get a straight answer. Just a note, how long it takes for them to invite you is absolutely no indication of how strong your application is.

Similar answer to the above for when the interviews get held, many interviews will already have started (chemistry for example had their first interview day yesterday) and the interviews will be held up until about the end of February.

Hope this helps slightly, sorry I couldn't be more useful! Good luck with your application!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ElleCee)
    Most of the departments have already started inviting people for interviews and this process will continue for awhile so unfortunately it'll be difficult for you to get a straight answer. Just a note, how long it takes for them to invite you is absolutely no indication of how strong your application is.

Similar answer to the above for when the interviews get held, many interviews will already have started (chemistry for example had their first interview day yesterday) and the interviews will be held up until about the end of February.

Hope this helps slightly, sorry I couldn't be more useful! Good luck with your application!
    No, no, thank you!

I've noticed that interviews have started coming out but there are still a few (strong) early applicant friends of mine who haven't heard back yet, so my morale isn't devastatingly low....yet.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.