Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I think I had a blackout? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Early on today while I was having a bath I stood up to reach something on a shelf. I felt in complete control, i knew perfectly well the riska of slipping in baths and so on. However, I just suddenly felt that feeling of a blank mind, but I didn't stand up quick? Next minute im sat down hanging over the bath backwards. Now sat with an aching back and head I have no idea what happened after that feeling.

Has anyone else had something like this? I don't feel like it's serious but just the feeling of moving too quickly?

ReputationRep:
    could be low blood pressure

ReputationRep:
    We see this in our clinics, but you must get it checked out at your GPs - they may do a lying / standing blood pressure so make sure that it doesn't drop too much when you rise. In the mean time make sure you are well hydrated and drink plenty of water!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JaffaNeko)
    Early on today while I was having a bath I stood up to reach something on a shelf. I felt in complete control, i knew perfectly well the riska of slipping in baths and so on. However, I just suddenly felt that feeling of a blank mind, but I didn't stand up quick? Next minute im sat down hanging over the bath backwards. Now sat with an aching back and head I have no idea what happened after that feeling.

Has anyone else had something like this? I don't feel like it's serious but just the feeling of moving too quickly?
    I've nearly fainted after getting out of the bath quickly, so you probably did pass out.

ReputationRep:
    you probably did, this happened to me last year but in the shower, i went to the doctor and he said i had low vitamin levels in 5 areas and a bad diet and something about blood pressure?? anyway it was cause the shower was hot and there was poor airflow (breathing in steam) and i also had vitamin deficiencies and anemia
    get it checked out cause there might be some underlying problems
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:

If you continue to feel unwell, have episodes like this again (or have previously) or if you ever feel faint, tired, dizzy etc at other times, seek medical advice (like seeing your GP).
    Otherwise I would assume it was a bit too stuffy, you haven't had enough to eat/ drink today or something like that and you fainted. Just make sure you've had something to eat and drink and take it easy for a little while.

ReputationRep:
    I tend to overheat on the bath so that could be it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oksafebye)
    you probably did, this happened to me last year but in the shower, i went to the doctor and he said i had low vitamin levels in 5 areas and a bad diet and something about blood pressure?? anyway it was cause the shower was hot and there was poor airflow (breathing in steam) and i also had vitamin deficiencies and anemia
    get it checked out cause there might be some underlying problems
    Its crazy that there are so many linked issues to just one small episode, it's really quite scary!

How did they determine what you had, did they do any sort of blood tests?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kindred)
    If you continue to feel unwell, have episodes like this again (or have previously) or if you ever feel faint, tired, dizzy etc at other times, seek medical advice (like seeing your GP).
    Otherwise I would assume it was a bit too stuffy, you haven't had enough to eat/ drink today or something like that and you fainted. Just make sure you've had something to eat and drink and take it easy for a little while.
    Im booking an appointment tomorrow morning for the afternoon so hopefully i can get somewhat of an answer. Thank you
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Im booking an appointment tomorrow morning for the afternoon so hopefully i can get somewhat of an answer. Thank you
    Good idea. I expect they'll check your blood pressure and oxygen levels and might decide to book you in for some blood tests depending on symptoms and the results the get then.
    Hopefully everything will be fine, but they should find any problems that might exist.
    Good luck

ReputationRep:
    Its crazy that there are so many linked issues to just one small episode, it's really quite scary!

Usually it isn't anything too serious. If you get more episode, (as others said) visit your GP as you may have a heart problem.

Unfortunately fainting is relatively common and is caused by many things (other than from diseases). Make sure that you stay hydrated, you are well nourished and you don't stand up too quickly after being in a lying position for a while.

Heck, I managed to faint whilst going to the toilet because I rose from my bed to quickly. My face felt really cold, I started to become more dizzy, then I lost my vision and eventually I also lost my balance. Great fun.

ReputationRep:

yeah, i had 3 blood tests, the last one was to check if my diet improved
    and for yours you might just have anemia and breathing in steam means you had less oxygen or something like that and that’s why you fainted, but don’t take my word for it cause i don’t really know that much
    i’m healthier now and it’s not as bad, plus i don’t feel tired all the time now that i eat better food
    the doctor i went to said anemia is very common now with teens
    do you eat breakfast? i didn’t before and that’s why my iron levels were low, eating stuff like shredded wheat is meant to help it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kindred)
    Good idea. I expect they'll check your blood pressure and oxygen levels and might decide to book you in for some blood tests depending on symptoms and the results the get then.
    Hopefully everything will be fine, but they should find any problems that might exist.
    Good luck
    Im the worst with needles so Im hoping for just the pressure tests haha. Thank you
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Im the worst with needles so Im hoping for just the pressure tests haha. Thank you
    I can sympathise

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stoyfan)
    Usually it isn't anything too serious. If you get more episode, (as others said) visit your GP as you may have a heart problem.

Unfortunately fainting is relatively common and is caused by many things (other than from diseases). Make sure that you stay hydrated, you are well nourished and you don't stand up too quickly after being in a lying position for a while.

Heck, I managed to faint whilst going to the toilet because I rose from my bed to quickly. My face felt really cold, I started to become more dizzy, then I lost my vision and eventually I also lost my balance. Great fun.
    Its hard when you don't remember much other than the feeling of "this is it, im going down". Its just slightly awkward. I was in a bath but used a black bubble bar so i imaged that if i died it would have looked like some sort of exorcism 😂😂😂

ReputationRep:

I dont really know the science behind it, But a few days ago i was praying and i got up hella fast when i finished and my eyes were still down but my body was stood up and i fell back WTF. Weirdest feeling i ever had. It was low blood pressure probably thats why we both just lost conscious for a bit :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oksafebye)
    yeah, i had 3 blood tests, the last one was to check if my diet improved
    and for yours you might just have anemia and breathing in steam means you had less oxygen or something like that and that’s why you fainted, but don’t take my word for it cause i don’t really know that much
    i’m healthier now and it’s not as bad, plus i don’t feel tired all the time now that i eat better food
    the doctor i went to said anemia is very common now with teens
    do you eat breakfast? i didn’t before and that’s why my iron levels were low, eating stuff like shredded wheat is meant to help it
    Oh I see. Good to hear you're in a better place now so hopefully I can maybe improve too. I do and don't eat breakfast. On the usual university days I do but im on holiday so i usual wake up late enough just to have dinner instead :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shabby33)
    I dont really know the science behind it, But a few days ago i was praying and i got up hella fast when i finished and my eyes were still down but my body was stood up and i fell back WTF. Weirdest feeling i ever had. It was low blood pressure probably thats why we both just lost conscious for a bit :/
    Would you like to know the science behind it? :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shabby33)
    Yeah I usually just have the case of blood rush but not so much Im not in conteol or have no memory as to what I was doing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ecolier)
    Would you like to know the science behind it? :P
    Education is key 😂

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.