Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I think I had a blackout? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ecolier)
    Would you like to know the science behind it? :P
    I surely would like to know the science behind it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JaffaNeko)
    Its hard when you don't remember much other than the feeling of "this is it, im going down". Its just slightly awkward. I was in a bath but used a black bubble bar so i imaged that if i died it would have looked like some sort of exorcism 😂😂😂
    Lol. Yeeah, before I jost my vision the only thing that was going through my head was 'how could I fall down without hitting my head against the toilet seat'. Fortunately, i managed to softly fall on my back when I lost my balance, but despite this I didn't loose conciousness.

After properly reading your post, it seems that you probably fainted from the low blood pressure caused by you standing up too quickly, ppoor diet, dehydration or even low iron levels might have also contributed.

ReputationRep:
    Well, when you rise up too fast the blood pools in the veins in the lower extremities (usually in the legs). The blood returning to the heart is reduced so the brain gets less supply (essentially). People faint so the brain is lower (relative to the legs) and hopefully it will get supplied better!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stoyfan)
    Lol. Yeeah, before I jost my vision the only thing that was going through my head was 'how could I fall down without hitting my head a8gainst the toilet seat'. Fortunately, i managed to softly fall on my back when I lost my balance, but despite this I didn't loose conciousness.

After properly reading your post, it seems that you probably fainted from the low blood pressure caused by you standing up too quickly, ppoor diet, dehydration or even low iron levels might have also contributed.
    I had to laugh about it after a while because daft is it to die naked in a black bath. Like this wasn't the way i wanted to go out 😂

And most likely nutrition or and blood pressure, i am quite slack on eating healthy but do try

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JaffaNeko)
    Early on today while I was having a bath I stood up to reach something on a shelf. I felt in complete control, i knew perfectly well the riska of slipping in baths and so on. However, I just suddenly felt that feeling of a blank mind, but I didn't stand up quick? Next minute im sat down hanging over the bath backwards. Now sat with an aching back and head I have no idea what happened after that feeling.

Has anyone else had something like this? I don't feel like it's serious but just the feeling of moving too quickly?
    When you are in a hot bath, all your blood vessels open up and your blood pressure drops (imagine the water pressure decrease that would happen if you made the hole in a hose wider), this drop in blood pressure could have contributed but you should see a GP to find the specific cause e.g. anaemia. When my iron was low I used to feel faint in a hot shower but i'm not a doctor so that's the person to speak to.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.