Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys, so how'd you feel about the ECAA? Just wanted to get that community support :|
    In the practice papers I did I got through a lot more questions before time ran out than I could do today. Did you guys do well?
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    I played around with the ECAA information request data tables and figured that the average successful candidate gets an average of 5 points across the logic and reasoning and the maths. That translates to about 15/22 in logic, 6/15 in maths. Of course this doesn't consider essays, interviews, predicted grades and affirmative action, all of which is currently hidden.

Overall I think I did fine. I had to absolutely guess 4 questions, about 7 I made reasonable guesses.

The essay was just stupid though. I am so disappointed in how they just took a ridiculously easy question. The essay question in the specification and the past paper felt much more fulfilling to write about, and easier to differentiate yourself from the crowd. Everyone is going to be able to answer this question reasonably well, now it is harder on their side to score us.

ReputationRep:
    Oh that's good, I hope you get in!
    Personally I was trying to skip and come back the long data questions because they waste a lot of time.. but I ended up not having time to go back in the end. Which was pretty horrible.
    With the essay, it was again just the time constraints. I agree I think it wasn't difficult at all, but I tried my best to at least structure my essay properly. I hope it worked out
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hussain Alam)
    I played around with the ECAA information request data tables and figured that the average successful candidate gets an average of 5 points across the logic and reasoning and the maths. That translates to about 15/22 in logic, 6/15 in maths. Of course this doesn't consider essays, interviews, predicted grades and affirmative action, all of which is currently hidden.

Overall I think I did fine. I had to absolutely guess 4 questions, about 7 I made reasonable guesses.

The essay was just stupid though. I am so disappointed in how they just took a ridiculously easy question. The essay question in the specification and the past paper felt much more fulfilling to write about, and easier to differentiate yourself from the crowd. Everyone is going to be able to answer this question reasonably well, now it is harder on their side to score us.
    How on earth did you find out the average ECAA scores? How can you confirm that info?
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by qw1234)
    How on earth did you find out the average ECAA scores? How can you confirm that info?
    There are FOI requests about it on whatdotheyknow.

Note that an average is just that, an average. There's no pass mark and low scoring applicants can get offers...

PS. I've moved this to the Cambridge forum.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Who do you think it's more helpful to talk about mental health with?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.