bordergirl13
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hi everyone,
I'm eager to get some extra reading in for my History, but I'm not sure where to start. The courses I'm doing are:
1. 1K The Making of a Superpower 1865-75
2. 2S The Making of Modern Britain 1951-2007
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by champion13)
Hi everyone,
I'm eager to get some extra reading in for my History, but I'm not sure where to start. The courses I'm doing are:
1. 1K The Making of a Superpower 1865-75
2. 2S The Making of Modern Britain 1951-2007
Your first target needs to be to get a good set of notes for each area. Once you are comfy with those, then try an understand the exam papers and what they look for.

Once you get an idea of topics, then thats where I would do wider reading i.e reading to order and looking for supplemental knowledge or opinion about given subjects. Hopefully your textbooks should have some starter sources. Look in the footnotes.

If I was looking to get extra sources I would always go in with a view as to what i was looking for and how I was hoping it would supplement my exam knowledge in order to save time and avoid waste. I cant get a grasp on whether you are already an A student or you want to get there. Get the basics right first and then theres an unending amount of extra reading you can do, but you need to make sue its going to add to your exam knowledge if grades are you focus.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb...ower+1865-1975

https://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb...tain+1951-2007
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• The University of Law
    Solicitor Series: Assessing Trainee Skills – LPC, GDL and MA Law - Guildford campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 29 Jan '20
  • Nottingham Trent University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 29 Jan '20
  • University of Groningen
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 31 Jan '20

Why do you want to do a masters?

Great for my career (46)
36.8%
I really love the subject (32)
25.6%