Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I'm currently on my second year IB and have applied to Imperial College London. I was wondering if I had a good chance of getting asked for an interview with my current predicted grades. The course I am applying to is Physics.
    Physics HL- 7
    Mathematics HL- 7
    Economics HL- 7
    English A SL- 6
    Chemistry SL- 6
    Spanish A SL- 7
    Physics EE- B
    TOK- B
    TOTAL: 42

ReputationRep:
    I have a similar question too. I am also a second year IB student and an international applicant. I sent my application out a few weeks ago, and have only gotten a confirmation email. I got 9A* 1A (in CIDA) and 1B (in English lit) for my gcse's. My predicted grades are below:
    Physics HL- 7, Mathematics HL- 7, Chemistry HL- 7, English Lang Lit SL- 6, Economics SL- 7, Chinese B SL- 7, Physics EE- A, TOK - A
    Which makes a total of 44.

Thx.

ReputationRep:
    @Narish Wow! Congratulaions on those grades! I have no doubt you will get an interview with such high scores.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jaime S.)
    @Narish Wow! Congratulaions on those grades! I have no doubt you will get an interview with such high scores.
    Hopefully. The only thing im worried about is my PS. I feel like it could have been better because I have the grammar and vocab of a six year old.

ReputationRep:
    I have same question too.
    I got the predicted grade of IB: Physics HL- 7, Mathematics HL- 7, Computer Science HL- 7, Chinese A Lang&Lit- 7, History SL- 7,, English B SL- 6, Physics EE- B, TOK - B. The total grade is 43.
    And I got 2,2 on STEP.
    IC only sent an application consideration email to me. But some of my friends who are studying AL and got bad score on STEP received the invitation of interview.
    Does IC prefer the students of AL?

ReputationRep:
    I'm a UK student doing a-levels and my interview for aeronautical engineering is this wednesday!! super nervous

ReputationRep:
    Did anyone here apply for medicine?
    I have a predicted score of 41, 766 in psychology, chemistry and biology and 776 in maths, English and Spanish.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Narish)
    Hopefully. The only thing im worried about is my PS. I feel like it could have been better because I have the grammar and vocab of a six year old.
    Hey! I have my interview on Thursday and was wondering if you got an offer in the end if it's not too much to ask!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jaime S.)
    Hey! I have my interview on Thursday and was wondering if you got an offer in the end if it's not too much to ask!
    Yea I actually did get an offer way back at the start of January. However I didn't need to do an interview, I kinda just got notified on UCAS. Good luck for your interview tho!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bev135728)
    Did anyone here apply for medicine?
    I have a predicted score of 41, 766 in psychology, chemistry and biology and 776 in maths, English and Spanish.
    Hi, I am a Canadian applying for medicine at Imperial. I have 5.4, 6.8 and 3A for BMAT. Accepted into biomedical engineering at Imperial without an interview. I am still waiting for A100 medicine. They neither invited me for an interview or rejected me. You?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The working guy)
    Hi, I am a Canadian applying for medicine at Imperial. I have 5.4, 6.8 and 3A for BMAT. Accepted into biomedical engineering at Imperial without an interview. I am still waiting for A100 medicine. They neither invited me for an interview or rejected me. You?
    You're still being considered; when I applied, the best internationals got offers around the new year, they usually had 7s and 6s, steroid exam takers I swear..

Fingers crossed regardless

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: March 2, 2018

University open days

1. Imperial College
    All Departments Undergraduate
    Sat, 15 Sep '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.