Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I'm a foreigner and I need to choose what university in the UK I prefer. I would really like to study in UWE Bristol but I heard that city is quite expensive. So what is your budget like per week? Rent, food, clothes, books, cinema, etc.. Is it difficuilt to find a part-time job there? And are you able to survive there with your salary? Thank you for your answer, my budget is pretty limited.

ReputationRep:
    I live in Bristol and if you find the right area, housing can be pretty cheap and I've found loads of jobs here from places in retail and bar work as well as teaching
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Also there's a cinema that does really cheap tickets for independent and foreign films for students! I go there every other week. Also a lot of independent grocery stores that are cheaper than the big supermarkets
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.