The Student Room Group

Missed deadline for UKCAT

I haven't signed up for UKCAT and the deadline was about a month ago and I want to study medicine at university (I should be starting in 2019) do I still have a chance at a medical course??
Edit: I'm really confused because if I'm applying for university (Starting in 2019) shouldn't I take it a year before, so summer/autumn 2018, but if I've missed the deadline for those exams do I still have a chance at a medical course??
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by sarrahokinedo
I haven't signed up for UKCAT and the deadline was about a month ago and I want to study medicine at university (I should be starting in 2019) do I still have a chance at a medical course??

You will sit the UKCAT next year when you apply.
if you are applying for 2019 entry then you will be registering and sitting the ukcat in 2018, not this year.
Yes - the deadline would have only applied to you if you had applied this year! Since you are applying for 2019 entry you will do your UKCAT next summer/autumn :smile:

For 2019 you don't register until 2018.
Original post by ForestCat
You will sit the UKCAT next year when you apply.

Ye I know but I'm confused because I thought you had to do it the year before you apply for uni so that would be summer 2018 for me but the deadline for the tests had passed surely so would I need to do it next summer since I would've sent off my applications??
Ye I know but I'm confused because I thought you had to do it the year before you apply for uni so that would be summer 2018 for me but the deadline for the tests had passed surely so would I need to do it next summer since I would've sent off my applications??

The UKCAT lasts for one cycle only. So those who took it this year are applying for 2018 entry (or 2019 if doing a deferred entry application).

The UKCAT will open again next summer and you can sit it before you submit your application in October.
Reply 7

You do it in the year you are applying, so for you that would be summer 2019. You would send your application off in October 2019, so you'll have done UKCAT before you submit your application.
Original post by iras
You do it in the year you are applying, so for you that would be summer 2019. You would send your application off in October 2019, so you'll have done UKCAT before you submit your application.

You've confused me if I'm applying for university in 2019 why would I do it in October 2019 when I should, hopefully, be in uni by then shouldn't it be in 2018 summer??
Reply 9
You've confused me if I'm applying for university in 2019 why would I do it in October 2019 when I should, hopefully, be in uni by then shouldn't it be in 2018 summer??

If you're applying for 2019 ENTRY, you do it in summer 2018. But registrations for that haven't even opened yet.
Reply 10

Sorry my bad misread it
You're applying for 2019 entry so that means yes you would do it in summer 2018
Its still only 2017 so I don't understand the worry?

You register for the exam in 2018

Sit the exam in 2018

Apply via UCAS in 2018

Smash your interviews and get offers

Complete your exams in 2019

Get you results in August 2019

Enter uni in 2019.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending